James Beard award winning chef Michael Smith is ready to share his love for Italian cooking with the rest of us with his new Italian menu "Finding Guido." The menu gets its name from a restaurant Michael Smith visited in Italy called Pollenza Guido. It was while at the restaurant that Michael realized he wanted to pivot and focus on Italian cuisine. 

Each of the items on the menu showcase Smith's passion and thoughtfulness for the art of food. The dishes blend the colorfulness and innovativeness Smith is known for, with the classic ambrosia of Italian food. 

Below are just a sampling of the delectable dishes offered. 

The Antipasti

Hamachi Crudo

lettuce, onion, meat, tomato, radish, pepper, salad, vegetable
Mehr Shah

This appetizer is made up of the eclectic combination of plum, watercress, and horseradish cream.

Prosciutto Di Parma 

vegetable, meat, sauce
Mehr Shah

The ricotta fritters underneath the prosciutto have a crunchy exterior that contrasts with the light, fluffy texture of the inside. The dish is topped off with parmesan, of course.

Calamari  

sauce
Mehr Shah

The calamari had a chewy composition that went perfectly with the firmer gigante beans. The dish is drizzled with a zesty chile-lemon sauce. 

Pasta Fatti a Mano e En Casa

Next up are the pasta made by hand in house 

Pistachio Spaccatelli 

Mehr Shah

This pasta is perhaps one of the most interesting items on the menu. It is made fresh from ground pistachios and pistachio oil. Chanterelles, sweetbreads, and caciocavallo cheese are mixed in and enhance the already flavorsome pasta.

Radiatori Neri 

calamari, sauce, pasta, seafood, kale, spinach, squid
Mehr Shah

This piquant pasta is composed of shrimp, toasted garlic, clabrian chile and lemon. Definitely a must try dish!

Farro Spaghetti Alla Norma

parmesan, spaghetti, pasta, sauce
Mehr Shah

Farro Spaghetti Alla Norma is what comes to mind when you think of the classic, herby Italian pasta. It is made up of eggplant, tomato, and ricotta salata and each of the ingredients add a richness to the meal. 

Secondi di Pesce e Carne 

The seasonal fish and meat samplings

Dry Aged Porterhouse 

onion rings, vegetable, meat, sauce
Mehr Shah

The 21 day aged steak really hits the umami taste buds hard. The succulent steak is smeared with a black peppercorn butter and topped off with onion rings and arugula. 

Liguria Cioppino

vegetable
Mehr Shah

Clams, mussels, swordfish, and halibut served with a side of garlic crostini. Yes, please!

Braised Lamb Stew

sauce
Mehr Shah

This dish is one of Michael Smith's own favorite dish. The polenta pudding and roasted bull horn peppers will definitely have your taste buds dancing. 

These saporous dishes and more will be available August 24th. 

The restaurant is open 5-10 everyday except for Mondays and Sundays. 

So what are you waiting for? Let's eat!