Ah baseball season. For all of us Bostonians, that means the end of a long endured winter and the beginning of cheering on our beloved Red Sox. It’s time to dust off our baseball caps, crack open a few beers, and root root root for our favorite home team.

The true Red Sox experience, however, comes with actually attending a home game. Game Day at Fenway Park, baseball’s most famous stadium, is nothing short of exhilarating. The energy you feel surrounding the park is almost tangible, with fans decked out in their Red Sox gear, yelling and laughing down Yawkey Way.

I can tell you firsthand that it’s an experience. One that will leave you excited, exhausted, and with “Sweet Caroline” stuck in your head.

In order to properly fuel up before entering the Green Monster, be sure to check out one of Fenway’s local restaurants for your fill of burgers, beer, and true American spirit.

1. El Pelon Taqueria

red sox

Photo by KJ Carlstrom

Craving some Mexican food before America’s favorite past time? Look no further than El Pelon Taqueria, one of the best places in Boston to celebrate Taco Tuesday.

Serving up authentic Mexican street food with the freshest ingredients, this is the perfect take-out spot on your way over to Fenway.

2. Tasty Burger

red sox

Photo by KJ Carlstrom

This single standing joint on the corner of Yawkey Way is here to fulfill your burger cravings before or after the game. Open late night until 2 am, you’ll find a variety of burgers to suit your tastes.

Feeling extra hungry? Try the Tasty Burger Challenge and go home a champion regardless of whether or not the Red Sox win!

3. Sweet Cheeks

red sox

Photo by KJ Carlstrom

“Pull up a chair and pop a cold one.” If that doesn’t sound like the perfect way to get your game day started right, then I’m not sure what is.

Sweet Cheeks brings the South right to your favorite Boston neighborhood. With Southern style options such as pulled pork, ribs, brisket, collard greens, mac ‘n cheese, and a whole lot more, you’ll leave here satisfied and ready for the game.

4. Emack and Bolios

red sox

Photo by KJ Carlstrom

As cold as the Boston winters can be, summertime is equally as hot.The perfect way to cool down? An ice cream cone as big as your face. Emack and Bolio’s, which is known for their crazy cones and flavors, is the perfect place to stop for your sweet tooth.

5. Wahlburger’s

red sox

Photo courtesy of www.wahlburgersrestaurant.com

Artisanal burgers on a budget? That’s what you’ll find at Wahlburger’s. This family-owned chain aims to create a dining experience centered around making memories with the people you are with. That being said, this is a go to spot for large groups with food options that can accommodate just about anyone.

6. Yard House

red sox

Photo by KJ Carlstrom

Though it may take you the entirety of the actual game to read through the beer list, once you finally choose one you can enjoy a full yard glass on the patio right in the heart of Fenway.

7. Gyro City

red sox

Photo by KJ Carlstrom

Did you just catch yourself daydreaming about your Euro trip to Greece? First, snap back to reality and pay attention to the game. Second, check out Gyro City for the most authentic Greek food beyond the Mediterranean. And yes, those are french fries in it. #gamechanger

8. Boston Beer Works

red sox

Photo by KJ Carlstrom

Good food. Good beer. Good atmosphere. All within sight of Yawkey Way. Boston Beer Works is a Fenway dining classic. All you college kids on a budget out there — be sure to check out their late night specials for post game eats such as $2.50 Taco Tuesday and $2.50 Grilled Cheese Wednesday.

9. Regina Pizzeria

red sox

Photo by KJ Carlstrom

Founded in the North End, Boston’s own taste of Italy, this chain is famous for authentic family style Italian cuisine, with brick oven pizza made of the finest ingredients. Regina’s claims to be the home of Boston’s best pizza since its start in 1926. The only way to test that theory is to try it yourself.

10. Eastern Standard Kitchen and Drinks

red sox

Photo by KJ Carlstrom

Feeling glamorous before the game or maybe celebrating a special occasion? In those cases, Eastern Standard is the answer. With modern brasserie fare and a cocktail list that is unbelievable, your dining experience will leave you feeling like you just hit a home run.

11. Bleacher Bar

red sox

Photo courtesy of KJ Carlstrom

A new addition to the stadium, Bleacher Bar is not only known for its unique and award winning sandwiches, but also for giving diners the experience of sitting below the bleachers in center field, with views into the field. Talk about live entertainment.