There is something special about going out to dine in New York City. Every restaurant has its own unique flare and cuisine that you can't find anywhere else. Since I haven't been out to eat since March, I decided to venture out to Proper West in NYC to enjoy a socially distant meal and here's how it went. 

Where Is Proper West?

Proper West, located in the heart of NYC at 54 W. 39th Street, is known for it's restaurant and bar perfect for watching the latest sports game, enjoying bottomless brunch with friends and dancing the night way to the latest hits. 

As soon as you walk into Proper West, it's modern decor and color scheme brings the lounge to life. Filled with black booths and flat screen televisions, guests are invited to take a seat and stay a while. 

If you're worried about dining during COVID-19, Proper West is taking all of the necessary precautions to keep guests and staff safe such as: 

- Social distancing 

- Required face masks for all guests and staff

- An updated ventilation system 

- UV cleaning 

-QR code menus 

What's On The Menu?

Proper West's main menu consists of bites and share plates, bowls and salads, flatbreads, burgers and sandwiches, sides and entrees. 

Start off the night with bites including Truffle Fries (parmesan, scallion, malt vinegar, aioli) or Truffle Mac & Cheese (Orecchiette, black truffle oil, garlic and toasted bread crumbs.) 

I had the mac & cheese and let me say, it's the best one I've had in a while. Not only is it creamy and rich, but the bread crumbs add the perfect amount of texture. I'd suggest sharing it with a friend because it's a pretty large portion. 

If you're craving bowls or salads, the Proper Chili Bowl (turkey chili, sour cream, shredded jack cheese, and pickled onions) and Southwest Chicken (romaine, crispy chicken, tomatoes, pickled onions, roasted corn, cheddar, crispy tortilla chips, and red pepper ranch) are some of the delicious offerings Proper West has on the menu. 

The Proper Burger is my favorite with a half pound angus beef patty, white cheddar, american, fontina, applewood smoked bacon, caramelized onions on a brioche bun. 

Whatever kind of food you are in the mood for, Proper West has something you'll enjoy. 

Overall Thoughts

I couldn't have chose a better first restaurant to visit after nearly eight long months. From the friendly staff and quick service to the elegant yet inviting atmosphere, Proper West should definitely be on your itinerary for your next trip to the Big Apple!