Instagram is definitely where the newest food trends come to life. I constantly scroll through my feed looking for the newest drool-worthy creations. I love any type of dessert so whenever I see a perfect swirl of ice cream or warm chocolate chip cookie I know I have to try it. 

In fact, Instagram introduced me to Duchess Cookies. I saw innovative flavors like Unicorn and Oreo Cheesecake. New flavors and locations came to life quickly as the company expanded. Sure, there are many cookie companies out there, but nobody has amped the flavors like Duchess Cookies.

I had the opportunity to talk to Sofia Demetriou, the founder of Duchess Cookies, and I also got to try some fantastic flavors. Here's what Sofia shared and my thoughts on the cookies: 

About Duchess Cookie

Sofia always had a soft spot of baking. Sofia owned the Sweet Duchess, a custom dessert company. However, she fell in love with cookies and created Duchess Cookies. She started franchising her cookies at For Five Coffee Shop and is expanding even more.

Sofia said her biggest influences are definitely her two daughters. Whatever ideas they have she tries to recreate as a cookie. They inspired one of Duchess Cookie's most famous flavors, the unicorn cookie.  

When I asked Sofia how Instagram has influenced her business she said, "Instagram has probably given us 98% of our business and has made us who we are today." Duchess Cookies can be shipped nationwide!

They are currently opening up their flagship in Syosset, New York and a location in Penn Station. They are also franchising in Westchester, New York.  

The Flavors

S'mores

Hannah Freiberg

S’mores is one of my all time favorite desserts, so when I saw this cookie, I was so excited. After I warmed up the cookie the marshmallow was warm and toasty like it just came off the fire. The chocolate and graham cracker in the cookie base paired perfectly with the marshmallow, just as a s’more would. This was definitely my favorite cookie.

Galaxy 

Hannah Freiberg

The Galaxy cookie was extra special because it had sparkles in it. Yes, you read that right, edible sparkles. Galaxy is a black coconut ash sugar cookie with a milk chocolate ganache filling, topped with edible glitter. I was so impressed with its appearance because it was dark but still had a rich flavor.

Unicorn

The Unicorn cookie is rainbow sugar cookie filled with creamy strawberry cheesecake and of course, topped with sparkles. I was hesitant to try this because I’m not a huge sugar cookie fan but I ended up loving how the filling paired with the cookie. It was also a favorite among many of my friends.

Oatmeal Apple Pie

When I think of fall, I automatically think of apple pie so this cookie is perfectly in season! This oatmeal cinnamon cookie is filled with a warm apple compote and tastes even better than pie. This cookie is perfect for someone who prefers a fruit to chocolate ratio in their desserts. 

Cookie Monster

This was the first blue cookie I had ever seen and it did not disappoint. The color is inspired from Cookie Monster himself, from Sesame Street. Inside the cookie there is cookie dough that melts in your mouth. The name ‘cookie monster’ is a very fitting name for this cookie for sure. 

Sea Salt Caramel Pretzel

Hannah Freiberg

I’m a huge fan of sweet and salty, so of course I loved the Sea Salt Caramel Pretzel cookie. This cookie is a traditional chocolate chip cookie topped with pretzels and filled with caramel. The saltiness from the pretzel pairs perfectly with the chocolate and caramel. If you like caramel you need to try this cookie.

Chip MYB

Chip MYB is a banana chocolate chip cookie stuffed with peanut butter and topped with potato chips. This unlikely combination was delicious, with banana and peanut butter being the perfect duo. This cookie shows what can come out of experimenting with different flavors! 

Hannah Freiberg

Be sure to check out all the flavors on the Duchess website and follow @duchesscookies on Instagram for all the latest news and amazing pictures of these amazing cookies. Huge thank you to Sofia for all the cookies.