It's football season in State College. This means one thing for Penn State students who have been anxiously waiting for months to see their Nittany Lions back on the field - the return to their favorite place, Beaver Stadium. Avid fans spend seven of their Saturdays each fall in this stadium closely watching every play. 

In the process of cheering, chanting, and pom pom shaking, fans tend to get a little hungry, actually, very hungry. When hunger strikes during a time out or halftime, students and fans turn to the concessions in order to prepare them to go back into the stands and cheer on the Nittany Lions. Here is the definitive ranking of the food at Beaver Stadium for when you can't decide what to get. 

7. Hot Dogs

Although hot dogs are an American classic, all the other amazing food choices at Beaver Stadium are more worth your while. Beaver Stadium offers many different options in order to satisfy students and fans alike. 

6. Pretzels

The pretzel situation is very similar to that of the hot dog. The only reason that pretzels are ranked one spot higher than hot dogs are because pretzels are a great light snack and they are vegetarian. Plus, they're perfect for giving you an energy boost to get through the rest of the game. 

5. Popcorn

Popcorn is very similar to pretzels in the fact that they are light and vegetarian. Popcorn is ranked higher than pretzels just because they are a snack that you could easily eat throughout the game. A popcorn bag or box is very easy to set down and then pick up later again when you want a small snack.

4. French Fries

French fries are one of my favorite things to get at Beaver Stadium because they are fairly light and easy to share with friends. French fries are also a great addition to a meal if you get a few other items from the concession stand.

3. Kono Pizza Cones

Pizza cones are a new addition to Beaver Stadium concession stands and so far they have been a major hit with students. They're an easier and less messy way to eat pizza while watching the game - sounds like a good idea to me. 

2. Berkey Creamery Ice Cream

Anyone and everyone who goes to Penn State, or just visits, knows that Berkey Creamery is simply the best. Now that creamery ice cream is available at Beaver Stadium, it is a must have. Ice cream is the perfect way to cool off during hot games and the best indulgence for even the coldest of games.

1. Chicken Baskets

Chicken Baskets consisting of chicken fingers, French fries, and your favorite dipping sauce is the best possible food to get at Beaver Stadium. Chicken Baskets are every student's favorite food and a Penn State classic. They are delicious, filling, and easy to share with friends. The best way to enjoy Penn State football is while eating a Chicken Basket.

Football is back which means so are Saturdays full of tailgating and watching the Nittany Lions in Beaver Stadium. Even though everyone has their game day favorites, it doesn't hurt to try something different. You never know what will satisfy your game day hunger the best.