Let's be real--studying in the library can get old. There's something about a coffee shop or cool café that can make hitting the books less stressful. Here are some of the coziest study spots in Chapel Hill:

Perennial Coffee

Perennial is located on Franklin Street, so you don't have to venture too far off campus. They serve local coffee and treats, and the vibe is cool and relaxing. 

Tama Tea

Tama Tea is a new addition to Franklin Street. If coffee isn't your thing, they've got you covered. They serve matcha, green, black, white, loose leaf and more. 

The Meantime Coffee Co. 

Located in the UNC Campus Y, the Meantime Coffee Co. is a student-run nonprofit coffee shop. Last year, they won our readers' choice award for Best Cup of Coffee! 

Bread & Butter

Bread & Butter is a tiny café on Rosemary Street. Their pastries are to die for, and their coffee is fresh and local. 

Honeysuckle Tea House

If you're in need of some fresh air, yummy tea or a healthy smoothie bowl, Honeysuckle Tea House is the place for you! It's quiet, open-air and a great place to study. 

These are just a few of the coziest study spots in Chapel Hill where you'll catch students studying. Check out this guide for Franklin Street food for more Chapel Hill eats, or this ranking of Franklin Street pizza. Happy studying!