Detroit, Michigan ("The D") is not only the Auto Capital of the World and the home of Eminem and Big Sean. The bustling city and surrounding area is also the home of many delicious and picturesque eats.

If you're spending time inside or around Detroit this summer, there are some restaurants you must check out. Here is where to eat in the D this season:

Ronin Sushi

water, espresso, beer, coffee
Amy Schwartz

Right by Royal Oak Music Theater in downtown R.O., Ronin Sushi is an eclectic eatery and a guaranteed crowd pleaser.

beer, wine
Amy Schwartz

With a dim-lit atmosphere and a pricey menu, Ronin offers a one-of-a-kind sushi experience that is a must-try for your summer night.

chicken, salmon, fish
Amy Schwartz

Ronin is not your average sushi place. Pictured above are Spicy Tuna Tacos on a bed of wasabi whipped cream. Below is a roll called the "Kakucumber" which is filled with various fish and wrapped in fresh cucumber instead of rice.

seafood, vegetable, fish
Amy Schwartz

Even though I personally chose all fish options, Ronin has a variety of unique vegetarian rolls. Ronin even offers kitchen entrees to please the guest who does not like sushi.

sashimi, wasabi, tuna, rice, salmon, fish, seafood, sushi
Amy Schwartz

Grab a friend or a few, take a trip to Royal Oak, and experience the fresh and fancy, yet very hip vibes of Ronin Sushi.

Chartreuse Kitchen and Bar

cake, coffee, beer, tea
Amy Schwartz

Across from the Detroit Institute of Art, Chartreuse is a hidden gem in the D.

coffee, wine, beer
Amy Schwartz

"Chartreuse" is a reference to the liqueur that is made by Monks through a special process involving 130 herbs and plants. Thus, the restaurant is green to highlight the green coloring of this unique drink which is featured on the menu.

soup
Amy Schwartz

The menu offers a variety of unique and flavorful small plates, as well as bigger entree options. Pictured above is a Coconut Curry Soup and below is a Sweet Potato Agnolotti dish.

seafood, fish, vegetable, spinach
Amy Schwartz

Following such a delectable meal, the dessert menu does not disappoint. Below is a cheesecake topped with trail mix next to vanilla pudding with a floral-tasting green glaze.

Amy Schwartz

The freshness and exciting menu options will please your tastebuds, and make you start planning your next visit back.

Toast

pizza, beer
Amy Schwartz

Toast is a cozy and trendy eatery in downtown Birmingham (though there is a location in Ferndale, as well). Toast offers lunch and dinner too, but my personal favorite is their breakfast.

coffee, cake, tea, pizza, beer
Amy Schwartz

The interior is just funky enough to keep you interested, but not too funky that you can't kick back, relax, and enjoy your morning coffee.

coffee, beer
Amy Schwartz

The name says it all. Toast offers a yummy variety of toasts that come with the omelets! Below is an egg white omelet with chicken sausage, mushrooms, tomato, and feta with multigrain wheat toast.

bread
Amy Schwartz

Don't let the classic omelet breakfast fool you, though. Toast offers elaborate menu options such as bacon fried rice with your omelet (pictured below). The restaurant also has items like "Key West French Toast" (challah french toast with key lime custard and a coconut graham cracker crust), as well as a variety of unique specials.

pork, fried rice, rice
Amy Schwartz

Take a morning in Birmingham and treat yourself to a latte and a special breakfast experience. Don't leave without indulging yourself in toast.

Astoria Pastry Shop

beer
Amy Schwartz

Astoria Pastry Shop is a cute little bakery in downtown Royal Oak.

pizza
Amy Schwartz

With a large variety of sweets and treats, Astoria will please the whole family from the youngest child to the grandma or grandpa!

candy, birthday cake, chocolate, cake
Amy Schwartz

Each treat is so picture-worthy and offers the perfect amount of sweetness. Pictured below is a vanilla cupcake, Oreo cookie cheesecake, and pecan pie slice.

cake, chocolate
Amy Schwartz

The portions are perfect for sharing! You and a friend or group of friends can get a few desserts and try them all.

pecan, chocolate
Amy Schwartz

Astoria is open Sun-Thurs from 11am-11pm and Friday and Saturday from 8am-1am! Stop here for a midday sugar rush or late at night for a sweet ending to your night. Either way, you can't go wrong.