After a long week of hitting the books and catching up on all of your chores, the Cobblestone Farmers Market is the best place to refresh your mind on a Saturday morning. From the fresh produce & bakery items to the beautiful scenery of Old Salem, this weekend activity is bound to become one of your favorites. A weekend without Cobblestone just doesn’t feel right, so here are seven reasons I think you will fall in love with it as well.

1. The adorable setting of Old Salem

Elissa Oliver

If you don’t already know what Old Salem is, it is a historic Moravian district south of downtown Winston-Salem. It has the most adorable historic buildings and trees that have been around for years. Especially on a sunny day, you will want to stroll around forever.

2. The gorgeous flowers 

Elissa Oliver

Stop by the flower stands such as Sophisticated Florals by Stephanie, or Mighty Tendril Farm and you won’t be disappointed. They have small flower bunches at great prices that my roommates and I love to buy and put on our coffee table. They brighten up our living room space every time. It is always hard not to restock.

3. The incredible produce from local farmers

Elissa Oliver

Each Saturday, I make sure to buy at least one item of produce. I love to switch it up, and I never know what I am going to get next. Most recently I have gotten peaches, shishito peppers, and purple potatoes. It's so nice to have the option to buy fresh, local vegetables!

4. Get your coffee fix

My first stop every Saturday is the Krankies stand where I either get a Nitro iced coffee or a Drip coffee. If you are less of a coffee person, they have several other classic Winston Salem beverages such as Village Juice, Up Dog Kombucha, and Chad’s Chai.

5. Baked goods EVERYWHERE

Elissa Oliver

From Lavender & Honey Kitchen (my personal favorite) to Camino (a Winston Salem classic), there are so many options to find your perfect bakery item. I highly recommend getting an Amish cinnamon roll from Lavender Honey or any of their other baked goods. I can’t remember the last time I left the farmers market without one of their items. If you are looking for gluten-free or vegan options, there are tons of great pastries & treats that will work for you as well.

6. Cheerful vendors, families, and lots of pups

Being around happy people is such a mood booster. The Cobblestone Farmers Market is never short of happy people and energetic puppies. It is the perfect place for all ages. All the kids have fun roaming around outside, and there are so many snacks they will love too.

7. A relaxing treat at the end of each week!

Elissa Oliver

I always leave the farmers market with something unexpected, whether it is a vegetable I have never cooked before, a new essential oil, or a new bakery item. Starting my day in the fresh air is something that always puts in me in the best mood. The joy lasts throughout the week while I enjoy whatever fruits, vegetables, or other yummy items I picked for myself that weekend.

Even stopping by for a short amount of time helps you get your day kickstarted on the weekend. Cobblestone Farmers Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. each Saturday morning until the end of November. See you there!