Look, we all know donuts are amazing. But who has the best donut in Providence? Well, look no further. For those that live or go to school in or around Providence, you know that there are numerous places to get killer donuts...but which one is really the best? I've gone to the two best places (in Providence) to get donuts and made my decision on three criteria: Variety, Taste, and Price. I picked up one donut each from PVDonuts and Knead Doughnuts. I kept the flavors all as similar as possible. From PVDonuts, I purchased the Black raspberry filled donut. And From Knead, I purchased the Passion fruit donut.

PVDonuts

Let's start with the more popular, but not favored PVDonuts. The blackberry filled donut is like a jelly filled donut on steroids. It is a brioche donut filled with a house-made blackberry filling. It isn't exactly stuffed with the filling but that isn't really a bad thing if you're a messy eater like I am. It is covered in powdered sugar and very good. 

This donut runs at about $3.75 which is a pretty good price for the size of the donut. There is a little bit of a high demand, so expect some sort of wait to get in, but it is well worth it. This place has a wide variety of donuts, but it doesn't stop there. PVDonuts also has monkey bread, munchkins, and they even carry vegan donuts (but only on Wednesdays and Sundays)! The menu changes monthly, so you never really have to get the same thing every time you go.

Knead Doughnuts

Now, for those who don't want to wait long, there is Knead Doughnuts. It is kind of hidden, but if you happen to come upon it, is definitely worth stopping by. Knead, like PVDonuts, doesn't just stop at donuts. They have a variety of different pastries and beverages. Knead's passion fruit donut (pictured below) is really good. It's a brioche donut glazed with a passion fruit glaze, made with real passion fruit puree and topped with sanding sugar. The first bite hits you with a punch of passion(fruit). But for those who do not really like passion fruit, it can be a bit much. The donuts runs about $3.50 each, which is competitive to their counterpart on the other side of Providence.

And The Winner is...

After careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that the better donut is *insert drum roll*... PVDonuts! Even though there is a wait, it is well worth it. The monthly menu change is the major factor in this decision. it seems that the people at PVDonuts put a lot of time and effort in coming up with each flavor every month. Both PVDonuts and Knead Doughnuts are amazing places run by amazing people that love what they do and it shows in their work. Check out this article on how to get even more doughnuts!