Are you new to the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor campus, someone who recently decided (or is already) a vegetarian or vegan, or someone looking for the best place to eat a bit more healthier? Look no further. I have been to each of the seven dining halls on this campus, and have made a list from the least to most accommodating for those who want a taste of the vegetarian lifestyle.

7. Markley

The seventh place spot goes to none other than Mary Markley Dining Hall. Sometimes people forget about this small place since it's tucked away in the basement. While there is a selective salad bar and few vegetarian options, this dining hall does not have the most adored station for vegetarians and vegans: 24 Carrots. 24 Carrots is a station at almost every dining hall that only ever serves vegan or vegetarian options. Nonetheless, if you dine here, there will always be something for you to eat.

6. Twigs (Oxford)

Unless you live at Oxford, it is not likely you will make your way to Twigs Dining Hall. However, there is always something for vegetarians. Like Markley, it is pretty small and tucked away, which means it doesn't get the same volume of students as the other dining halls. Unfortunately, there is no 24 Carrots station, but there are soups, sides, and at least two entrees specifically for vegetarians. 

5. North Quad

North Quad's dining hall is truly a hidden gem many tend to forget about. They always have a tofu stir-fry with a variety of seasonings, a black bean burger or veggie crispy patty, and pasta for days. They have all the classic staples: fresh fruit, delicious yogurt, and various cereal options. The only drawback is the fact their salad bar lacks in variety of toppings. But trust me, the tofu stir-fry makes up for it

4. Mojo

MoJo will always have a favorite in every students' heart for their wonderful chocolate chunk cookies. However, their vegetarian selections are almost equally impressive. They have endless choices for their salad bar, which makes eating a salad seem a bit less terrible for some. Each of their stations always has a vegetarian or vegan option. The only downside to this dining hall is the fact many of the dishes are rarely switched out. Yet, I think everyone can forgive this if they take a cookie or two

3. Bursley

As someone who had the honor to live on the university's North Campus, I eat a fair amount of my meals at Bursley's dining hall, and I have no complaints. Similar to North Quad, Bursley almost always has a tofu stir-fry, along with pasta that varies day-to-day, a 24 Carrots station with amazing choices, and a salad bar that does not disappoint. If you don't live on North Campus, odds are you won't be willing to make the trek to this dining hall, but it is definitely one you need to try.

2. South Quad

South Quad is U of M's largest dining hall, which means it never lacks in any department of food preference or allergies. There are so many stations to count, but over half of them have a vegetarian option for people to try on every day of the week. None of their stations disappoint, especially not their 24 Carrots. They boats  an impressive salad bar that few can resist. The only downside to this amazing dining hall is how crowded it can get despite the amount of seating available. Nevertheless, it deserves the number two spot on this list.

1. East Quad

As many know, East Quad was the first to incorporate "Sustainable Mondays" (formally known as "Meatless Mondays") into their weekly routine, when almost every station in the dining hall serves a meatless option all day long. This is a vegetarian's dream: endless food that doesn't taste like leaves and is absolutely delicious. They have 24 Carrots, a salad bar on par with MoJo and South Quad's, various stations where meat is not always the main part of the meal, and some of the best desserts on campus. Hands down, East Quad has the best dining hall for vegetarians any day of the week.

Thankfully, no matter where you live--on or off campus--all the dining halls offer some vegetarian and/or vegan options other than salad (which isn't always that bad, trust me). As a whole, the University of Michigan gets a big green thumbs up for their efforts to make the world a little more meatless, and a little more sustainable.