Tired of your go-to food spots in the quirky neighborhood in Baltimore, Hampden? Typical dinner choices include Golden West, Grano Pasta Bar, the newly reopened Holy Frijoles, and The Charmery for dessert, which all are fantastic, but I'm here to tell you about a new hidden gem of Hampden: Avenue Kitchen and Bar.

Nestled in between Frazier's on the Avenue, Brightside Boutique, and Five and Dime Ale House is Avenue Kitchen and Bar. This spot has a menu filled with foods from tacos to burgers and everything in between. Their food takes a spin on typical comfort foods offering items for every taste bud. 

Before we get into the food, check out Avenue's weekly specials to get the best bang for your buck–ranging from taco Tuesday to lobster Thursday. Need I say more?

Food Recommendations:

Ahi Poke

While I know everyone is not a raw fish fan, for those sushi lovers, this is a great appetizer option. The fresh ahi tuna sits upon edamame hummus and is dressed with red onion, cilantro, and sesame seeds.

Nikki D'Ambrosio

Avenue Burger

If you are craving a nice juicy burger to brighten up your day then Avenue Kitchen and Bar is the place to go! Hopefully, you don't fill up too much on the burger because their fries are just as good!

Emma Maloney

Carnitas (Pork) Tacos 

Another go-to choice is their succulent pork tacos that have been paired with a zesty cilantro sauce and an onion and tomato pico sauce. If this doesn't make you feel like summer then I don't know what will!

Emma Maloney

Homemade Bread Pudding 

But of course make sure you save room for dessert! Especially during this stressful time of finals, it is important to reward yourself. This mouthwatering bread pudding a la mode has the perfect sprinkling of cinnamon to help you forget about your studies for a bit. 

Emma Maloney

So what are you waiting for? Grab some friends and head over to Avenue Kitchen & Bar for an unforgettable meal that will definitely please your palette.

For other amazing places to go to near Hampden read this article.