Just because a flight from Bangkok to Athens takes more than 14 hours (and costs a pretty penny) it doesn't mean you should give up on the hopes of eating authentic Mediterranean food. Tucked away in the leafy green neighborhood of Silom, Aesop's  highlights the delicious flavors of Greek food while their fun party atmosphere makes it the perfect late-night hangout spot. As one of the few restaurants serving authentic Mediterranean food in Bangkok, Aesop's is a must-visit for anyone looking for a taste of Greece accompanied by great service and entertaining atmosphere.

Tessa Domzalski

Originally a family-run restaurant in Sydney, Australia, the team behind Aesop's recently made the decision to pick up and move to Bangkok with a brand new look  — a decision we Bangkokians couldn't be more grateful for.  Aesop's interior is greatly inspired by the country it gets its name from, with the bar's Greek columns and a dining area designed for large parties with bench seats and spacious tables. 

Tessa Domzalski

Their menu highlights the best of Mediterranean food with dishes that are great for sharing or just for chowing down on your own. Their full deli tray (500THB) features fluffy homemade pita bread, an assortment of dips like creamy hummus and flavorful taramasalata, marinated baby octopus and more! Their meze plates include classic Mediterranean dishes like kofta (250THB) and falafel (230THB) which are hard-to-find dishes here in Thailand. The mains prove that there's more to Aesop's than large sharing platters and dance-filled evenings with the likes of slow braised ibérico lamb shoulder (890THB) and grilled Spanish octopus (900THB). 

Tessa Domzalski

As the night gets late the restaurant changes from a casual eatery to a full-blown party spot with music, dancing, and plaster plates to smash on the floor (or on the heads of your friends). With shots of ouzo on the menu alongside Greek wines and inspired cocktails that can be ordered by the jug, leaving Aesop's without a buzz would be quite impressive.

Tessa Domzalski

Their weekly Big Fat Greek Sunday Brunch Party is the perfect place to end your weekend (or start your week). Bring your friends, family and pets to this all-day event that's guaranteed to be a good time with 2 hours of free flow Prosecco (850THB), live music, amazing Greek food, and relaxing atmosphere. Just don't forget to bring your dancing shoes! 

Tessa Domzalski

Where to find Aesop's

Phone number: 062-567-7751

Address: 120 Sala Daeng Soi 1/1, Bangkok, Thailand

Closest public transportation: BTS Saladaeng / MRT Lumphini