It is true. If you ever thought you were running out of touristy things to do in New York, here's one to add to the list. Jacques Torres has opened New York City's first ever Chocolate Museum. The people in charge of this museum, Choco-Story have opened four other chocolate museums around the world, and Torres has partnered with the founder of Choco-Story, Eddy Van Belle, to open the first one in the United States. 

The Educational Aspect 

This museum is more than just another place to eat chocolate—though there is plenty to taste. Torres created this museum to tell the story of chocolate and the history of cacao, using "Mayan artifacts and other objects to tell a story that goes back to Ecuador 3500 B.C." They feature this, along with modern equipment used to make chocolate.

The Tasty Aspect 

Along with lots of opportunities to be educated about chocolate, there will also be plenty of things to taste. There are tastings of different types of white, milk, and dark chocolate. There will also be tastings of Mayan hot chocolate, chocolate truffles, a bon bon making class, and museum tours given by a professional chocolatier. There is also a kid's corner in the museum to give them a fun way to learn about the history of chocolate. 

This museum is on 350 Hudson Street in New York City, and is joining the trend of food museums and experiences that are popping up all over the world. One of many opened this past summer, when the Museum of Ice Cream came to New York City—and this summer is coming to Los Angeles—and was extremely popular with its pool of sprinkles and the world's biggest ice cream sundae. 

If you ever find yourself bored and/or hungry in New York City, this is the place to go. Hell, you can even say you went for educational purposes.