In Westchester, NY, there are plenty of great restaurants. Unfortunately, not a lot of people know about these awesome options. Here are my favorite "hidden gems" in the 914:

Truck Restaurant-391 Old Post Road Bedford, NY

A twist on Mexican, Truck Restaurant adds a rustic flare to typical Mexican cuisine. They have amazing and innovative tacos, great guacamole, and even homemade desserts. For all of you Westchester-legals, like myself, this is a great place to hang by the bar and grab a sangria or one of their speciality margaritas.

My favorite dish is the appetizer, queso chorizo. It is melted monterey jack cheese, fresh mozzarella, house-made chorizo, tomatoes, and scallions served on a steaming platter with chips to dip. The chorizo is seasoned to perfection, and the combination with the cheese is unforgettable. The desserts are also phenomenal. Every day they make homemade Devil’s Food Cake with Buttercream frosting and Coconut Cake. They also have a soft serve machine, which is a cute and fun way to satisfy any sweet tooth. I highly recommend trying Truck if you are ever in the area.

Playa Bowls-465 Bedford Road Pleasantville, NY

New to the 914 is Playa Bowls: the most amazing fruit-based bowl chain to hit NJ, PA, NYC and now Westchester. Playa Bowls opened in mid-December, and I have been a very loyal customer ever since.

Their menu is divided based on what type of base you want for your fruit bowl. Options include: acai base, pitaya base, banana base, chia pudding base, kale base, and coconut base. They also have smoothies and fresh juices daily. My personal favorite are the banana0base bowls, made with honey and almond milk. The Olas bowl-- a banana based topped with granola, banana, blueberry, coconut flakes, chia seeds and almond butter-- is a must-try. They are planning on building an outdoor patio for the summer so you can enjoy this cold treat in the heat.

Pub Street-20 Wheeler Avenue Pleasantville, NY

From the same family as one of my personal faves, Village Social in Mt. Kisco, comes Pub Street and it’s right in Pleasantville. It is a cute little seafood restaurant right above the Pleasantville train station.

My personal favorite dish is the Salmon Poke Fritters. It is spicy salmon over a bed of crispy rice served with spicy mayo and eel sauce. They have great salads and even a fun and unique Sunday Brunch menu. It is definitely a new hot spot in the area.

105TEN-127 Woodside Avenue Briarcliff Manor, NY

In the heart of Briarcliff Manor lies 105TEN, an all-American gastro-pub restaurant. They are known for their sticky bite appetizer dish with their homemade BBQ, Chipotle, and Buffalo sauce. They have a build-a-burger option where customers can create and customize their own burger.

The menu is also filled with non-meat, vegetarian-friendly options. They have amazing Ahi Tuna Tacos, a Mediterranean Plate with a quinoa base, customizable salads, and more. They have all homemade desserts ranging from Banana Nutella Pie, Chocolate Layer Cake, Milk & Cookies, Pear Crisp, Sorbet and Tiramisu.

Exit 4 Food Hall-153 Main Street Mt. Kisco, NY

Smorgasburg but in the 914? Yes it is true. We have our own version of the popular Brooklyn food vendor experience, but in Westchester. Exit 4 is a cafeteria style restaurant with diverse food vendors from local and sustainable restaurants. They have the most amazing and fresh fish from a local seafood vendor. Their sushi and poke bowls are truly amazing. They have a brick-oven pizza where customers can create their own pizza. They also have a noodle bar, pasta bar, seafood bar, rotisserie, make-your-own salads and so much more. It is a one of a kind experience you should try when you are in Westchester.