For reasons unbeknownst to us, Spoon University isn't that huge in Britain, making us one of the few chapters here. And since we're based in London (which our editorial director always insists is the food capital of England), we couldn't possibly survive without filling in the obvious gap that seems to exist in the Spooniverse — a compilation of the best food spots in London.

When we discovered that our Spoon University HQ editor was planning a trip to London (yes, Sam!), we decided to get ourselves in gear and collaborate on the article to beat all articles: the only London food guide you'll ever need.

1. Camden Market

It's got to be said: London is the queen of food markets. While Camden Market is often celebrated for its quirky clothes and craft workshops, it's important not to forget its extensive food and drink side. The market includes the world-renowned Cereal Killer Cafe as well as everything from halloumi fries to piled-high waffles. Basically — do not miss out on Camden Market. You will regret it for a very long time.

Hannah Allaway

2. Yorica!

It might not be a restaurant but if you're in London there's no way you can miss out on Yorica!, one of the best dessert places in Soho. Yorica! offers a range of allergens-free, cruelty free, vegan desserts, from milkshakes and crêpes to froyo and ice cream. Their desserts taste — and look — delicious. After deciding on a dessert, you get to choose from a range of toppings including healthy fruit, tiny marshmallows and squishy teddy bears. If you're looking for something allergens-free, vegan or simply a light and delicious dessert, head to Yorica! and you won't regret it. (They also have free sprinkles and who doesn't love free sprinkles?)

Michela Quecchia

3. Pomodoro E Basilico

Sara, the founder of Pomodoro E Basilico, is an Italian entrepreneur, recognised worldwide for her delicious vegan burgers and cheeses. You can find her working hard every weekend at The Boiler House Food Hall, near the famous Brick Lane Market. Everything at her stand is homemade, from the mockmeats and vegan cheeses to the sauces and even the buns (when you go, you must try The Good Burger!). If you follow her on Instagram, you'll often see her sharing an insight to how she preps everything which is always a bonus. 

Andreina Cecchini

4. Crust Bros

A brand-new pizza place has opened in Waterloo and to be quite blunt, it serves the best pizza south of the river (which is of course the place to be). If you want fast, affordable and tasty food then Crust Bros is the place to go. You get to choose either a set pizza or create your own — be warned, there are countless toppings on offer so whittling down the the options is by far the most stressful part of the evening. If you do customise your own pizza, you get to watch it come to life, which is insanely satisfying! If I ever need a pizza pick me up, that won’t hurt my purse, I know where I’ll be going!

Emily Wyer

5. Dehesa

One of five thriving restaurants of the Salt Yard Group, Dehesa is both stylish and snug — a perfect retreat from the bustle of Regent Street. Its chic black-and-wood interior and hanging lights invite you to relax and press pause while you enjoy some mouth-watering dishes. Dehesa is known for its Spanish tapas, but be sure to try its impressive brunch menu too. It caters to a mixture of tastes, meaning that you can enjoy everything from chocolate-drizzled churros to succulent paninis for a cheerful price. (P.S. Their whipped yoghurt and apple waffles are to die for, so don't miss out!)

Rebecca Salter

6. Love Walk Cafe

Situated just off Love Walk (how cute is that road name though?) in Camberwell, Love Walk Cafe is renowned for its artsy atmosphere. Serving everything from green smoothies and salads to burgers and chips, it's the perfect place to go for a Saturday brunch or a Monday afternoon snack. Their cakes are kind of ridiculous and it's super easy to grab one (or two) on your way out (who's counting, anyway?). 

Hannah Allaway

7. Trade

Meet Trade, your new favourite brunch spot, offering specialist coffee, artisan sandwiches and the fluffiest pancakes you could possibly want. They have a huge selection of pastries and desserts that are baked in-house daily, making it the perfect place to indulge your sweet tooth. Trade is located on Commercial Street and the cosy atmosphere paired with rustic decor does not disappoint. There are even open-air tables for you to soak up sunny days (however rare they may be in London)! 

BaoTran Lim

8. Sushi Café

Whilst it may be slightly out of the way (since it's located in Battersea — not far from Clapham Junction station) it's most definitely worth the trip. A hidden gem of sorts (well, perhaps not anymore!), Sushi Café offers unlimited sushi made to order for a one-off price. As if that wasn’t enough, the deal includes other mouthwatering favourites in the form of small dishes, sure to feed your craving for authentic Japanese cuisine. With a selection of lovely handmade rolls and a cosy, homely dining area, Sushi Café is definitely one to try!

Austen Dunster