Oost is an up and coming area of Amsterdam where you can enjoy delicious breakfast and brunch meals. Here are 7 spots that you should try!

1. Bar Basquiat

Best Breakfast and Brunch Places in Amsterdam Oost

Photo by Alex Turcea.

One of the coolest and most groovy places in Amsterdam-Oost, Bar Basquiat is the hidden gem of Javastraat! Inspired by the graffiti artworks of Jean-Michel Basquiat, Bar Basquiat emulates that style and it’s the perfect place to impress your friends. They make the most fantastic pancakes, that even the most strong-willed cannot resist them. The restaurant has a day menu until 4 pm, and the prices are reasonably cheap for such an awesome place. Most definitely a must place to eat for when you’re visiting Amsterdam.

2. Pata Negra

Photo courtesy of @dessylidyasari on Instagram.

I have been recommended by so many locals to try this place. Pata Negra is such a unique place to eat, that you’ll never forget it. It is a Spanish themed restaurant, with good tapas, great food, and attentive service. The place can get a little crowded on a Friday night, so making a reservation on time is recommended.

3. Bedford Stuyvesant

Photo courtesy of @bedfordstuyvesantamsterdam on Instagram

This one is for the coffee lovers. Bedford Stuyvesant is another cool and hip place to try out in Amsterdam-Oost. It feels like your hipster friend’s cozy living room. They call it an American coffee bar, and in addition to perfectly crafted coffee, they offer light breakfast options such as toast with jam and yogurt with muesli. If you’re lucky with the unpredictable Dutch weather, you can sit outside on the terrace enjoying your morning coffee that you should never skip it.

4. Coffee Bru

Photo courtesy of @insidewanderer on Instagram

If you’re a coffee or a tea lover, Coffee Bru offers exceptional coffee with light breakfast as well. This cute little shop serves and sells their own brand of tea called Monkey Chief, and it’s one of the nicest shops in Amsterdam. The owners are friendly and the place has a beautiful bright seating area with a wall of green plants. It has a clean design where only coffee and well-being matters.

5. Gs Really Nice Place

Photo courtesy of @gs_reallyniceplace on Instagram

Named by some, one of the perfect places to have brunch.The atmosphere is chill and the staff is very friendly. Gs offers an authentic weekend brunch, complete with creative cocktails. Aficionados love their selection for brunch, like the mimosas and Bloody Mary’s as well as their yummy Eggs Benedict. Want to make them yourself? Here are 7 Brunch Cocktails That Will Get You Ready For Summer.

6. Bakhuys

Photo courtesy of @beeeetsy on Instagram

Bakhuys is a friendly bakery with plenty of seating. The bread is outstanding, and the chocolate croissants are a must. The place opens daily at 7 am and has these lovely and freshly baked bread and pastries just waiting for you. They also serve breakfast and lunch that is delicious and wholesome.

7. Drovers Dog

Photo by Alex Turcea

This restaurant is a highly recommended Australian place in Amsterdam. The service is always great and the food is phenomenal. The brunch choices are very delicious with various desserts that can go along your morning coffee – can’t go wrong with that. I tried their famous ricotta pancakes with blueberries and their corn fritters as well.