Celery is one of the many underrated vegetables that is not enjoyed enough on a daily basis. There is a common misconception that celery is for those people on a diet or for rabbits. While those statements are true, celery can be incorporated into a person's diet in a few creative and tasty ways. 

Celery is an excellent source of antioxidants and has vitamins such as vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin B6. According to AskDrNandi.com, celery has  been shown to decrease inflammation, reduce high cholesterol, lower blood pressure, and prevent the formation of ulcers. 

1. Ants On A Log

'Ants on a Log' is one of the many ways that parents try to get their picky eaters to eat celery. While this snack is commonly enjoyed by children, there is no rule saying that older people cannot have it. This snack consists of celery sticks, peanut butter, and raisins. The crunch of the celery and the sweetness of the peanut butter and raisins creates a sweet and savory flavor combination that is perfect for a post workout or after school snack. 

2. Chicken Noodle Soup

Chicken noodle soup is not only great when you need to fight off a cold, but it is also great on a cold winter day. Chicken noodle soup contains broth, noodles, celery, carrots, chicken, onions, and any other vegetables that one desires. This is a great dish to incorporate celery because it blends well with the other ingredients. 

3. Tuna Salad Sandwich

This might not sound like it is meant to include celery, but this inclusion indicates that a deli or restaurant knows what they are doing when it comes to making tuna salad. The celery gives the tuna salad a nice crunch with each bite and provides extra vitamins. 

4. Celery And Hummus Dip

Hummus can be used as a dip for a lot of different foods ranging from pita bread and pretzels to carrots and broccoli. Some people are hesitant to try celery and hummus when creating a vegetable platter, but it is similar to how any other vegetable tastes with hummus on top. This is the perfect way to get a picky eater to have some celery because the hummus takes away some of the plain taste of a vegetable and makes it more inviting.

5. Smoothies

No, this is not just a plain celery smoothie. There are recipes out there that include celery in smoothies in addition to the other ingredients. Here is a recipe from @burst.of.happiness on Instagram for a mint chocolate smoothie:

1/2 green apple1/2 banana1 Cup of spinachJuice of 1/2 lemon1/2 cucumber1 celery stickTeaspoon of gingerA few mint leaves3/4 cup almond milkTop with chia seeds, bee pollen and 70% dark chocolate.

Final Thoughts

While celery might taste bland on its own, incorporating it into different dishes and snacks can make it more enjoyable to eat. There are plenty of other snacks out there that involve celery, but these five are a few that I think are best for those who want to eat celery in a way that is not exciting and delicious.