Even though Arizona has no beaches, we still have great sushi all over the Phoenix and Scottsdale areas. There is no shortage of sushi grade fish, which means lots of options and lots of restaurants. People are constantly indulging in sushi, poke bowls, and sushi-ritos here in town and they have all become the hot new trend. Here's where you can get the best sushi in Scottsdale the next time a sushi craving hits. 

1. Nori

Nori is located in Desert Ridge and offers a variety of rolls for a cheaper price. Their happy hour is phenomenal. They offer prices as low as $3 and as high as $6 on HH. They also have saki, beer, cocktails, and wine for a huge discount as well.

I love their Hamachi Kama, which is cooked yellowtail paired with a sweet and sour sauce. The fish is so light and perfect for a summer day. As for sushi, I love all of their sashimi platters, which come with your choice of fresh fish for $40.

2. Stingray

Stingray is located in Old Town Scottsdale and definitely offers more of a scene than Nori does. People watching is prime in this location. Stingray's happy hour is endless. From food to drinks to rolls, make sure to get to dinner before 6:30 pm comes around. 

3. Obon

Obon has recently opened up in the Scottsdale Quarter and has hit the ground running. The decor and aesthetic of the restaurant is beautiful and gives off Nobu vibes.

My favorite roll is called the Monster roll, which is unreal. Cucumber, avocado, shrimp, crispy soft shell crab, spicy crab, cream cheese, asparagus, topped with spicy tuna, eel sauce and rice pearls. The roll is huge, so you may be full on this and some edamame alone. 

4. SushiBrokers

SushiBrokers is a classic sushi restaurant in Scottsdale. I recently took friends there who have never tried sushi, and it's a great place for first-time sushi eaters because they have it all. Basic rolls to funky rolls, even the new sushi doughnut pictured above. 

5. Saporro 

Sapporo is a teppanyaki restaurant, but they have great sushi for appetizers. I love going with my fam and getting a little bit of everything and there is an opportunity to dress up!

#SpoonTip: Looking for a cheaper option? Try AJ's!

Next time you are in the area make sure to check out these spots for some of the best sushi in Scottsdale.