Planning a European excursion this summer or dreaming about a Parisian vacation? No trip to Paris is complete without sampling some French fare or sipping on an apéritif while enjoying the beautiful sights and architecture that the city has to offer. After completing an internship in Paris last summer, I rounded up five of the best Parisian restaurants with an awesome view and food combination.

1. Café Marly

Paris

Photo by Jenna Moxley

On the grounds of the Musée du Louvre, this café boasts a shady terrace overlooking the Louvre pyramid. The setting itself is très chic, and the meal was also one of the best I had in Paris. But don’t take my word for it: this restaurant also comes highly recommended by Food Network star and part-time Paris resident Ina Garten herself.

Paris

Photo by Jenna Moxley

2. Ciel de Paris

Paris

Photo by Jenna Moxley

Want to feel on top of the world? Dine at Ciel de Paris (French for “Paris Sky”), which is on the 56th floor of the Montparnasse Tower. The restaurant is lined with giant windows that offer an absolutely stunning view of the Eiffel Tower as well as much of the left bank of Paris. What really set the meal over the edge was that a different amuse-bouche (a tiny, bite-sized offering from the chef) was served in between each course. An unforgettable experience with unforgettable food.

Paris

Photo by Jenna Moxley

3. Les Deux Magots

Paris

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

In the heart of Saint-Germain-des-Prés (my favorite district of Paris) lies this charming café with a perfect view of the historic Abbey of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. Home to some of the best shopping and most famous cafés (Les Deux Magots and Café de Flore), be sure to stop in for an incredible meal on the patio. Les Deux Magots was once frequented by famed artists, literary figures, and philosophers such as Picasso, Hemingway, Sartre, and De Beauvoir, so it might even get your creative juices flowin’.

Paris

Photo by Jenna Moxley

4. Tour d’Argent

Paris

Photo by Jenna Moxley

Tour d’Argent kills it the view and food departments. With a breathtaking view of Notre Dame Cathedral and an awarded Michelin star, it’s definitely a restaurant for the bucket list. And if you want to know a secret, this restaurant actually inspired scenes from the Disney/Pixar movie Ratatouille. But be prepared to feel the aches from your wallet after this meal, as it is certainly pricey fine dining at its best.

Paris

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

5. L’Oiseau Blanc

Paris

Photo courtesy of The Peninsula Paris on Facebook

When it comes to finding great food and ambience, it’s never a bad idea to check out the city’s luxury hotels. This restaurant is the gem that adorns the top of the five-star Peninsula Hotel. You’ll be able to spot Sacré-Cœur Basilica and the Eiffel Tower while feasting on the restaurant’s popular “bistronomique” cuisine. L’Oiseau Blanc offers indoor and outdoor dining, showcasing 360-degree views of Paris.

Paris