Everyone knows that Valentine's Day is February 14th, but an even better holiday exists the day before. Galentine's Day was created by the show Parks and Recreation, when the character Leslie Knope brings her closest girl friends together for a Galentine's Day brunch. (Please see season 2 episode 16 for reference)

Sure, Galentine's Day may be a fictional holiday created by a television show, but that doesn't mean you can't celebrate! Grab a group of your friends and head to one of these places perfect for a Galentine's celebration.

#1. 5Church Atlanta 

5Church Atlanta is the perfect place to bring a large group of friends. Try to grab a seat in their rooftop space to get a great view of Midtown. In addition to great views, their menu includes fillet mignon, flatbreads, and lobster tails. Only the best for Galentine's Day.

#2. Bar-Bacoa 

Bar-Bacoa is a must. If the large outdoor patio isn't a big enough draw, the tapas have to be. In addition to a list of amazing tacos like Korean beef, buffalo cauliflower, and lobster, their menu boasts an amazing variety of tapas. You can try plates like their mexican street corn, octopus, and beef and potato empanadas. And, their Serrano ham mac and cheese is amazing. Their small, shareable and delicious plates make this restaurant a go-to destination for large groups: perfect for a Galentine's meal. 

#3. Seven Lamps 

Seven Lamps is conveniently located at Lenox Mall, so you can enjoy your Galentine's Day by shopping with your friends and then eating here! The space is beautiful, and the menu includes a long list of my favorite food: pasta. They have Idaho potato gnocchi, butternut squash agnolotti, and purple sweet potato mezzaluna. Plus, a very wide array of seafood. What more could you want?

#4. The Midway Pub 

meat, pancake, chicken
Spoon University

At first glance, a pub might not seem like the perfect Galentine's Day spot, but The Midway Pub deserves to be on this list. With cozy interior seating and a large outdoor seating space, this place is great for large groups of friends on a budget. And, the food is great, with chicken and waffle appetizers, veggie corndogs, and peach cheesecake for dessert, making The Midway Pub a place that's sure to be a hit with everyone on your friend list.  

#5. The Garden Room

The Garden Room is a newly-opened spot in Buckhead, and it's easy to see why it's already become so popular. The view alone is stunning. You can sit amongst flowers and plants and trees, and a painting or two. The food is similarly beautiful. The menu includes house-made focaccia bread, oysters, and black truffle pasta. If you have been begging your friends to go to a fancy dinner spot with you, this is the perfect place and Galentine's is the perfect time.

Galentine's Day may not be a "real" holiday, but that doesn't mean you can't treat it like it is! And what better way to celebrate any holiday than to eat your way through it! So, on February 13th, try hitting up one (or all) of these spots with your best group of friends and enjoy!