If you haven’t heard about this decadent dessert than you’ve definitely been missing out. Vanilla cake soaked in raspberry simple syrup topped with whipped mascarpone icing and fresh berries, the Berry Chantilly Cake makes for a sweet springtime snack.

While there have been dozens of online copycats and knock off recipes, the original can only be found at Whole Foods Market. Still not convinced that the Berry Chantilly Cake belongs in your belly? Maybe these 5 reasons will change your mind.

1. It’s got history. The Berry Chantilly cake was first created in the bakery of New Orleans’ Arabella Station Whole Foods Market. Within two years, the cake was rolled out across the entire Southwest Region and became available in all US Whole Foods last Easter.

2. It’s a family recipe. The Berry Chantilly cake was the brainchild of a talented bakery team member at the Arabella Station Whole Foods Market. A delicacy based off her grandmother’s recipe.

3. It’s got loyal fans. Not only did Whole Foods sell more than 20,000 Berry Chantilly cakes over Easter last year, but the cake is so delicious people have been known to stand in line for it even in the wake of a natural disaster and power outage.

4. It’s got layers. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover. The Berry Chantilly cake may look simple but get ready for a flavor trip. Chantilly cream icing made with whipped mascarpone covers the cake and hides between three layers of yellow cake. The cake is then filled with fresh strawberries, blackberries, and topped with more fresh fruit and blueberries. 

5. It’s healthy. Or at least as healthy as cake can be. Like all baked goods in Whole Foods’ bakery department, the Berry Chantilly cake is made with cage-free eggs, unbromated flour, and no artificial colors, flavors or hydrogenated fats.

Sorry we can’t give you the full recipe (that’s a family secret), but next time you stop by a Whole Foods Market be sure to check out the Berry Chantilly Cake, or one of their other berry filled specialties. I definitely recommend the lemon blueberry cake or simple yogurt cake with fresh berries.