There is nothing college students love more than free food. So, the next time your parents take the journey to Georgetown, encourage them to treat you to one of these five delicious D.C. restaurants. It's like Georgetown's Family Weekend! (but without those school-provided boxed lunches).

1. Farmers Fishers Bakers

A popular spot for any meal of the day, Farmers Fishers Bakers knows what it means to make food from scratch. Farmers Fishers Bakers can serve just about any palette with home-made sodas, handcrafted pizzas, farmhouse sushi, and much more. Through close collaboration with sustainable and regional farmers, Farmers Fishers Bakers is an absolutely delicious choice. The waterfront location and stunning views are also guaranteed to wow any visiting family. It's also a great spot if you're with a large group since their menu has so many options. Check out this Spoon article on the 16 best big group dinners in Washington, DC.

2. Boulangerie Christophe

Often referred to as home to one of the best baguettes in Washington D.C., Boulangerie Christophe offers French pastries right on Wisconsin Avenue. The menu features favorites such as buttery croissants and sweet raspberry tarts, which can be enjoyed outside on the restaurant's back patio. Egg dishes and other French breakfast novelties are also available, making this the perfect place for a family breakfast or afternoon pick-me-up when strolling along M Street. They are open every day from 7:30 in the morning to 7 at night, making it one of the best places to eat with your family at any time. For more great breakfast spots, check out this Spoon article on the top 7 breakfast spots near Georgetown.

3. Levain Bakery

New Yorkers will be pleasantly surprised to find that Levain Bakery has expanded south to Washington D.C.. Notoriously famous as one of NYC's best chocolate chip cookies, this treat will satisfy the entire family's sweet tooth. The limited edition fall cookie includes ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and molasses flavors and is stuffed with sweet Valrhona chocolate chips. The original chocolate chip walnut flavor is also an excellent choice with a crisp crust and gooey center. Other options include baguettes, banana bread, brioche, and muffins!

4. Café Milano

It would be ignorant not to include the famed Café Milano on this list. While the price tag is a bit steep for the college budget, its delicious Italian cuisine is a staple of Georgetown and a favorite of many local celebrities and politicians. Homemade fresh pasta, exceptional Italian cheeses, and gourmet tiramisu are all personal favorites of mine. Café Milano is also the ideal dinner spot for any parents hoping for a celebrity spotting during their trip to the hilltop. 

5. La Chaumière

This Michelin-star restaurant offers delicious French cuisine at the bottom of M Street, a perfect distance from Georgetown's campus and the hub of hotels in the West End. Featured dishes include Lobster Bisque, Lamb Chops, and Chocolate Soufflé. The French Onion Soup is one of the best items and is perfect for the fall (and approaching winter) weather. The restaurant has a cozy French château ambiance that will make you feel like you are on a vacation in Paris. It's like you could just look over and see the Eiffel Tower... I'm already dreaming!