Good morning and good riddance to dining hall breakfasts and the never ending morning rush at Saxby's! DC is full of prime breakfast and brunch spots, and so many of them are less than 15 minutes away. If you have a little more time to spare in the morning and want to indulge in some breakfast comfort food, they are definitely worth checking out. Next time you're dying for a breakfast that starts your day on the right foot, check out one (or more) of the top seven breakfast spots near Georgetown.

7. Silver Diner

Where: Arlington (11 minute drive)

Why you need to go: Silver Diner is the perfect, homey diner to hit when you're feeling nostalgic and want tons of options on the less expensive side. Their famous juke boxes and locally sourced food make for the best breakfast combo whether it's 7am or 2am!

6. Ted's Bulletin

Where: 14th Street (15 minute drive)

Why you need to go: Make the trip to Ted's if you are craving something sweet. Their homemade pop tarts are famous for a reason. Check out Ted's over the weekend to make the most of the trip: they make giant cinnamon rolls only for their weekend guests.

5. Medium Rare

Where: Arlington (10 minute drive)

Why you need to go: Medium Rare's weekend brunch from 10:30am-2:30pm is the best way to start your day off right. Head here if you're in the mood for a boozy and delicious brunch but don't want to break the bank. At $27.99 inclusive price per person, you can have as many mimosas as your heart desires.

4. Peacock Cafe

Where: Prospect Street (10 minute walk)

Why you need to go: If walking past what used to be ChiDi (RIP) isn't too traumatic for you, try out Peacock next time you're feeling up for brunch. They fully embrace the breakfast-lunch combo, offering a range of stuff on their brunch menu--from french toast to rigatoni.

3. Farmers Fishers Bakers

Where: Georgetown Waterfront (15 minute walk)

Why you need to go: Tbh, not sure if you can graduate without at least going to one of Farmers Fishers Bakers' first bakes. If you're not an early riser and are willing to treat yourself to a little bit more expensive option, their weekend brunch buffets are another great option while staying close to campus.

2. Cava Mezze

Where: Arlington (10 minute drive)

Why you need to go: All you can eat brunch, anyone? For $35, you can get a taste of some classic breakfast cuisine with a bit of a twist! Cava Mezze uses their traditional Greek recipes (hello greek yogurt!) to add a little more flavor to your typical brunch menu if you are feeling a little more adventurous than eggs and bacon.

1. Sweet Leaf Cafe

Where: Arlington (10 minute drive)

Why you need to go: Sweet Leaf has a ton of great healthy breakfast options to start your day (or diet) on the right foot. From breakfast burritos to breakfast bowls, Sweet Leaf brings healthy to all your morning cravings!

From all you can eat (and oh-so-good) brunch buffets to health-focused breakfast salads, DC has got all the breakfast options a person could want! Next time you want an excuse to ditch the soggy cereal at home, pick one of the top seven breakfast spots near Georgetown and pick your next obsession. After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.