Almost every Pio has had a craving for everyone's favorite Italian entree. It's inevitable to happen when you're stressing during finals week or writing an essay due the next day. But when you're a college student, you want to make sure the cash you spend on pizza is #worthit. That's why I'm giving you a list of the best places near DU to grab a slice to make sure your money is well spent. Here are the best places to get pizza late at night near the University of Denver.

1. Domino's

Okay sure, it's not the best pizza in the world but when you're hangry and you need a slice ASAP, Domino's is your best bet. They deliver quickly and promptly, not to mention their online tracker makes the waiting process a little less boring. Plus their dough is literally the best. Oh, and did I mention they're open until 1 am? This makes them the best place to go when you're pulling an all-nighter.

2. Anthony's Pizza & Pasta

If you're looking for a classic NYC-style pie, Anthony's is where you need to go. Not only are they affordable, but they also offer some pretty good deals. Their pizza is a cheesy delight and you can choose from a variety of toppings. Perfect for when you need want to have a slice with friends.

3. Blackjack Pizza & Salads 

If you haven't tried Blackjack Pizza at least once, do you even go to DU? A classic staple for DU students, this chain offers coal fired pizza at a decent price. Blackjack may not be the most prestigious pizza place in Denver, but they do care about the craft that goes into their pizza. The next time you go, you might even catch a worker tossing the dough.

They offer their pizza in unique flavors like Western BBQ and Santa Fe. Be sure to try their Jackpot, a pizza covered in the store's most famous toppings, including pepperoni, sausage, ham, ground beef, onions, mushrooms, green peppers, and green and black olives.

4. The Garlic Knot 

Every pizza lover knows that the sides are just as essential to a good pizza as the pie itself. If you love the breadsticks just as much as pizza, you must try The Garlic Knot. Not only is their pizza sauce freakin' amazing, but they also offer the best knotted breadsticks around DU. The word "garlic" is in their restaurant name for a reason, so if you like your pizza with just the right amount of spice, this is the place to try. Unlike most pizza places, they actually pay attention to their crust, which makes their pie extra delicious.

5. Sexy Pizza

Sexy Pizza is not kidding around with their name. Chances are good your mouth will be watering when you walk into the store and smell their amazing pies. The restaurant offers super cheesy slices in a relaxed atmosphere. It's by far the best place to take a break from studying and relax with a heavenly slice.

Whenever you're stressed, be sure to grab a soda with your slice and sit down and enjoy the best pies around University of Denver.