Being vegan isn't easy.  Many restaurants don't serve straight up vegan options, and you usually have to find yourself working around the ingredients in your order.                                  

Luckily for you, I've come down from the food heavens to bring you a list of the 5 best places to eat in London if you're vegan. Using this list, you can order an entire meal without changing a single ingredient. 

1.Plant Matter Kitchen

Plant Matter Kitchen, located in London's Old South at 162 Wortley Road, is known for serving wholesome, organic plant-based cuisines. The restaurants also prides itself for serving artificial, preservative, and chemical-free based foods. Plant Matter Kitchen offers many vegan options, such as the cauliflower tacos made with vegan sour cream with a side of rice and beans. With a variety of popular food options that are 100% vegan, this local destination is the perfect spot for any starving vegans out there.

2. The Root Cellar

The Root Cellar is located at 623 Dundas Street in the city's Old East Village. The restaurant's motto is "from farm-to-fork," which stemmed from their commitment to serving organic ingredients from local farms to your plate. Many of the items on the menu can be asked to made vegan, which makes it a great place to eat for anyone with dietary restrictions. One of my personal favourite is the mouthwatering veggie burger served with caramelized onions. So why not treat yourself while supporting your local farms? It's win-win situation.  

3. Bondi's Pizza

I have a riddle for you: why should vegans give up pizza? Trick question, they shouldn't. Bondi's Pizza located at 298 Springbank Drive serves gourmet pizzas and panzerottis with tons of vegan options. Using Daiya's dairy-free cheese and vegan pepperoni, you vegans can enjoy delicious pizzas just like your non-vegan friends. So go on and get your za on, you know you want it. 

4. Zen Gardens

Everybody loves Asian food, and you shouldn't have to give it up just because you're vegan. Zen Garden's is a Japanese restaurant that will meet your food cravings while offering you a variety of vegan options. The bento box, which comes with purple rice, a fruit salad, sautéed veggies, a mango salad, vegan nuggets, and springrolls, is one of the most raved about items. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Head on over to 344 Dundas Street next time you're looking for a fresh Asian fix! 

5. Freshii

One of the most difficult parts about being a vegan is finding something to eat when you're on the go. Luckily for all of you vegans out there, Freshii runs on a fast-food restaurant's pace while serving fresh foods with many vegan options! With two locations in London: 255 Queens Ave and 1680 Richmond Street, it's a great place to get a vegan meal to your stomach quickly. Make your own custom vegan bowl, they're delicious and Instagram worthy. 

Being vegan doesn't have to be difficult. Many restaurants in London have recognized the need for an increased diversity of vegan options. It's just a matter of finding those places to serve your needs.

Bon appetite my vegan friends.