Boston may be a college town, but it’s also notorious for its crazy-expensive food. There’s quite a few good Boston restaurants on Food Network’s “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives,” but Boston has much more to offer than that short list. These restaurants are ones we wish Guy Fieri would feature on his show, because they’re definitely Food Network-worthy:

1. Wheelhouse

diners drive ins dives

Photo courtesy of Flickr user Brian del Vecchio

Thought you couldn’t have a burger for breakfast? Wheelhouse proves you wrong. With a breakfast menu that includes a classic breakfast burger along with regional takes like the “Southern Belle” and “Chorizo” burgers, the only regret you’ll have is that you can’t eat them all.

Average plate: $7
Dish to try: Breakfast Burger

2. Mike & Patty’s

diners drive ins dives

Photo courtesy of Flickr user Robyn Lee

To be perfectly honest, Mike & Patty’s beats Blunch in terms of breakfast sandwiches. It’s comparable in terms of fresh ingredients and a cozy atmosphere, but its Egg Fancy sandwich is far superior.

Average Dish: $9
Dish to Try: Egg Fancy

3. Galley Diner

diners drive ins dives

Photo courtesy of thegalleydiner.com

The Galley Diner specializes in hearty breakfast food, but it’s so much more than that. They have Eastern European specialties like kielbasa as well. Their hash is a must try (and a steal at only $5), but what’s truly special is the ham of the bone omelette, which they literally carve right off the bone for you.

Average Dish: $8
Dish to Try: Ham of the bone omelette or roast beef hash

4. All Star Sandwich Bar

diners drive ins dives

Photo courtesy of Flickr user Mallory Dash

If you’re looking for an unique sandwich experience, this is the place. Where else can you get a sandwich called the “Atomic Meatloaf Meltdown”? They have fancier sandwiches too, like their Tuesday daily special called the “Inigo Montoya,” which has arugula and goat cheese.

But the surprising star of the show is their poutine, which at $7 is definitely a must-try.

Average Dish: $11
Dish to Try: Poutine

5. Bred

diners drive ins dives

Photo courtesy of justaddcheese.com

There’s no shortage of burger joints in the Greater Boston area, but Bred is different. They have fancier takes on your classic burger and offer unique meats. A must-try is the Parisian burger, which is made with bison, caramelized onions and brie. If you’re feeling healthy, try one of their Greek yogurt smoothies.

Average Dish: $9
Dish to Try: The Parisian

6. Ames Street Deli

diners drive ins dives

Photo courtesy of Yelp user Valerie A.

This Cambridge restaurant is the place to go if you’re feeling adventurous. With sandwich fillings like rabbit mortadella, foie gras and poutine, you can guarantee you won’t be getting a boring sandwich.

Average Dish: $12
Dish to Try: Rabbit sandwich

7. The Gallows

diners drive ins dives

Photo courtesy of bodyagain.com

The Gallows has mastered the classic burger. It’s no frills, but is made with quality ingredients so you can taste each component in its simplicity. If you go for brunch, you can try the classic “Our Way” burger with a sunny side up egg, because eggs make everything better.

Average Dish: $13
Dish to Try: Our Way Burger

8. Wan’s 

diners drive ins dives

Photo courtesy of bostonmagazine.com

Don’t let Wan’s hole-in-the-wall location deter you. It’s home to some of the best sandwiches in Boston. With names like “The Orgasm” and “Heaven is Here,” how could you go wrong?

Average Dish: $10
Dish to Try: The Orgasm

9. North End Fish Market

diners drive ins dives

Photo courtesy of Yelp user Filip L.

Yankee Fish Company may get all the love, but North End Fish Market deserves to be recognized as well. With its large selection of fresh fish and new sushi menu, it’s a great place to get your seafood fix for a good price.

Average Dish: $11
Dish to Try: Lobster roll

10. Galleria Umberto

diners drive ins dives

Photo by Nancy Chen

This North End favorite serves authentic Sicilian pizza at $1.65 a slice. That’s more than enough to fill a someone up, but if you’re still not satisfied, try the arancini. These fried rice balls are filled with peas, meat and ooey gooey melted cheese.

Average Dish: $3
Dish to Try: Arancini

11. Bottega Fiorentina

diners drive ins dives

Photo courtesy of Flickr user Bing

One of the few authentic Italian places outside the North End, Bottega Fiorentina is the master of “fine fast food,” specializing in made-to-order sandwiches and pastas. Fast, fresh and inexpensive, Bottega Fiorentina is the place for cheap but good Italian food.

Average Dish: $9
Dish to Try: Spinach gnocchi

Looking for more Boston eats? Check out these restaurants: