New York City is home to milkshakes topped with slices of cake, croissant-donut crossovers (Cronut), and chocolate chip cookies the size of your hand.  While these instant dessert classics often contain varying amounts of milk, butter, and eggs, NYC also has a long list of vegan-friendly eateries, all with more delicious desserts than the rest.  To make it easier, we've compiled a list of 10 epic vegan desserts to eat in NYC.

Samoa Donut

This donut from Erin McKenna's Bakery is based on the famous girl scout cookie, combining sugar and nostalgia.  And since it's made in an egg, soy, dairy, and gluten-free facility, everyone can enjoy it.

Coconut Monkey Bread 

While SPOT dessert bar is not a purely vegan restaurant, plant-based eaters will definitely be satisfied with this sweet monkey bread served in a mini skillet and topped with vegan ice cream and caramel.

Freeze (Vegan FroYo)

This sweet treat from Pressed Juicery is a little on the healthier side, but just as delicious.  Top your "Freeze" with a mix of berries, chocolate chips, coconut shreds, and almond butter or cacao drizzle (healthy-ish chocolate sauce) and enjoy.

Sweet Potato Cinnamon Roll

Is there anything better than a giant cinnamon roll?  Normally the answer would be no, Body and Soul Bakeshop proves that the classic can be improved upon by adding sweet potato to the mix.  This dessert can be found around the city at Farmer's Market stalls.

Pistachio Cardamom Donut

Classy isn't usually the first word that comes to mind when I think of donuts, but the Pistachio Cardamom flavor from The Cinnamon Snail is sweet and perfectly spiced, making it a classy treat.  Find it at the Pennsy or The Cinnamon Snail food truck.

Chocolate Soft Serve  

This dairy-free soft serve may be made with minimal ingredients, but the combination of dark chocolate and banana makes for maximum flavor in this sorbet/ice cream crossover.  Cacao nibs and raspberries make perfect toppings for this sweet treat from Chloe's Soft Serve Fruit Co.

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Pazit Schrecker

Truth be told, this "bread" from By Chloe is a little more like cake.  This dessert, stuffed with walnut, chocolate chunks, and cinnamon can be found 5 different locations around the city.

Strawberry and Coconut Shave Ice 

If you're looking for a perfectly Instagrammable (and delicious) dessert, head to SnowdaysNYC, which now sells two vegan flavors of its famed shave ice.  Top the cooling treat with oreos and sugar cereal to take your treat over the top.

Cookie Dough Ice Cream

If you miss Ben & Jerry's iconic Half Baked ice cream after giving up dairy, try the vegan cookie dough ice cream from Van Leeuwen.  You can get it fresh as one of the six storefronts around the city, or just pick up a whole pint at a local grocery store.   

S'mores Milkshake

What happens when you combine two amazing desserts?  Answer: you get one that's over-the-top in all the right ways.  Finish your dessert tour by heading to the all-vegan Champs Diner to pick up one of these milk-free S'mores milkshakes.