Sarah Hamouda, founder of Fix Dessert Chocolatiers based in Dubai, started her company back in 2021 and, inspired by her own eccentric pregnancy cravings, wanted to create a unique chocolate experience. Something that adds an extra pizazz is these bars are all handmade and she integrates colorful designs painted on each bar. Enter the Fix Chocolate Bar. These chocolate bars have been seen across social media platforms, especially TikTok, for the ASMR-worthy crunch when biting into the bar. It’s an exclusive bar only sold at Hamouda’s Dubai shop, and, has many making their own versions of the Dubai chocolate bar and now, a dupe is available in Brooklyn, New York. 

What is the Fix Chocolate bar?

Essentially this sought-after dessert is a ravishing milk chocolate bar with a pistachio filling and kunafa also known as knafeh. The latter is a baked pastry that originates in the Middle East and traditionally uses akawi, ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. It has a crunchy texture and is also glazed with lemon syrup. 

For the viral chocolate bar, kunafa is combined with tahini paste and pistachio cream. Some other flavors include Chocolate Caramel and Peanut butter, White Lotus Cheesecake, and Baked Brownie cereal.

Where can you get the viral chocolate bar?

For non-Dubai-based chocolate lovers, it is currently available online through retailers such as Etsy, Amazon, and deliveroo — the restaurant delivery app. Aside from ordering online, you can also get the bar in person. You can get a dupe of the Fix Chocolate bar in New York City.

The Chocolate Factory, a dessert shop based in Brooklyn, NY has recently added to their menu of usual crepes, waffles, lukumades, shakes, coffee, and now, kunafa.

In an Instagram post, with the caption, “Now Serving Viral Dubai Chocolate Kunafa. Come get yours before they run out,” the Chocolate Factory shows the making of different versions of the bar. The new bar flavors include pistachio and biscoff. There’s also a third bar featured in the reel that looks to be cookies and cream flavored.