It seems like every city has become a major contender in the food game these days. From sushi burritos to rainbow bagels, there is a unique dish or new restaurant that gives original go-to places a run for their customers’ money.

In the case of Chipotle, District Taco has entered the Mexican food sphere of Washington, D.C., moving on from a taco stand to a fast food restaurant with numerous locations throughout the DMV.

Both of these blessings of restaurants have foodies questioning which is better. So, how do you decide between these two casual take out restaurants that have diligently filled your burritos, tacos, or bowls to the brim with fresh ingredients?

Here’s a head to head show down for you DC natives of options you have at both and who comes out on top. #foodfight

1. Burrito

taco

Photo by Alexandra Jubault

Chipotle, obviously. That fresh flour tortilla right before your eyes is the holy sanctuary that holds ingredients straight from the farm. You can’t help but feel content walking out with that foil wrapped mini-baby in your hand followed by a first bite that has those taste buds on Cloud 9.

Winner: Chipotle

2. Tacos

taco

Photo courtesy of @districttaco on Instagram

3 for $8, and you’ve got a perfect Taco Tuesday at District Taco.

Winner: District Taco

3. Guacamole

taco

Photo by Alex Weiner

DT gives Chipotle a good run for its money, but in the end Chipotle takes the avocado. People have been begging for the this holy recipe since first taste. Luckily for you, the ingredients have been revealed.

Winner: Chipotle

4. Chips

taco

Photo courtesy of @chipotlemexicangrill on Instagram

Good thing there isn’t a guacward relationship between Chipotle chips and its Guacamole. DT has some great chips, but nothing compares to the subtle hint of lime that comes with each piece out of the most popular brown Chipotle bag. Keep on keeping on, Chipotle. You win this one.

Winner: Chipotle

5. Menu

taco

District Taco, thank you for not hiding all that you have to offer. Secret menus make you feel like a part of the restaurant is nacho business.

DT offers a full variety of Mexican food goodies that you can eat for breakfast, lunch OR dinner. You’ve got your burritos, bowls, quesadillas, and even nachos all conveniently listed on the menu you see when you walk in.

Winner: District Taco

6. Salsa

taco

A wide variety of salsas that vary from flavor full and mild to spicy and sending you for a drink refill at District Taco. There’s an option for all taste buds, and you can fill as many cups of salsa as you want. Sorry, Chipotle, but DT wins this one.

Winner: District Taco

7. Burrito Bowl

taco

Although Chipotle wins the burrito category, District Taco takes the prize for having a better burrito bowl. Greater in size and easier to mix up, this burrito bowl, either with or without a tortilla, will have you eating half for lunch and the rest for dinner. #blessUP

Winner: District Taco

Bonus Round: Foodiecation

taco

District Taco seems to have made it their goal to not only satisfy our stomachs but also our brains. Brain food is a real thing at DT. While waiting for your order, you receive a Spanish vocabulary flashcard. Also, labels in the restaurant are in both Spanish and English.

Food for thought and tastebuds. Can’t get better than that. Thank you, DT, for keeping languages relevant.

Winner: District Taco

taco

Chipotle, you will always be in our hearts, but District Taco wins in this burrito face off. If you haven’t had DT yet, I suggest you go right now.