Spoon University Logo
uberone?width=734&height=489&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
uberone?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
Photo courtesy of Uber
News

Uber Is Hosting Bodega-Inspired Pop-Ups On 13 College Campuses

Some of the most iconic brands out there have been doing just as iconic pop-ups lately. Tyra Banks recently did an ice cream pop-up in DC, and most luxury brands, like Dior, regularly do pop-ups in major cities like New York City or Los Angeles. The worst part of these types of pop-ups for me has always been their location, as I’ve spent most of my life in small-town Pennsylvania. No major brands are opening up exclusive stories in Lancaster County. But Uber is changing this for many college students around the United States!

The Uber One Shop

Uber is opening “The One Shop” at 13 different college campuses across the U.S. These shops are meant to be “Gen Z’s dream bodega-meets-art installation,” an adorable and colorful addition to your campus. The One Shop will feature popular college student brands, like Starbucks and Taco Bell, and visitors can win exclusive deals, as well as get free goodie bags of their favorite products. The catch, of course, is that only Uber One for Students members have access to the shop. 

Some of the colleges included will be UMiami on August 21 and 22, The University of Texas at Austin on August 28 and 29, Ohio State on August 28 and 29, Arizona State on September 4 and 5, University of Wisconsin–Madison on September 11 and 12, Purdue University on September 11 and 12, University of Alabama on September 18 and 19, and Penn State on September 18 and 19. Each location will be open from 10 AM to 5 PM each day, and more locations will be announced this fall. Popular TikToker Connor Wood, or @fibulaa, will also make an appearance at the UT Austin location! 

Uber One for Students

Uber One is a program Uber started to give discounts on many of the same brands who have donated goodies to The One Shop. Uber One for Students makes these deals even more accessible to the budgets of college students. Some of these deals include $0 delivery fees, up to 10% off orders, 6% Uber Cash back on rides, and 5% off grocery. The program costs $4.99 a month, or $48 a year, and you can start with a 4-week free trial. Keep an eye out for more announcements about these shops, because this is a pop-up you won’t want to miss!

Izzy Astuto (he/they) is a writer currently majoring in Creative Writing at Emerson College, with a specific interest in screenwriting. His work has previously been published by Hearth and Coffin, Sage Cigarettes, and The Gorko Gazette, amongst others. He is currently a reader for journals such as PRISM international and Alien Magazine. You can find more of their work on their website, at https://izzyastuto.weebly.com/. Their Instagram is izzyastuto2.0 and Twitter is adivine_tragedy.