Summer is the season for theme parks, but this year, it’s time to trade in Six Flags for Sauvignon Blanc. Opening next month La Cité du Vin, or the City of Wine, is a theme park entirely dedicated to wine. Tucked away in the city of Bordeux, this haven is dedicated to the culture and history of all things vino.

According to their site, their goal is to focus on emotions, sensations, and imagination. You won’t find any thrill rides here, but what you will find are tours, exhibits, workshops, and tastings which are just as thrilling as a 415-foot drop.

Wine

Photo courtesy of robbreport.com

One of the highlights of La Cité du Vin is their reading room with over 1,000 works all about wine. Whether you are looking for a novel or a manga-related to wine, this free exhibit is a must-see.

Of course, you can’t leave without drinking, so make sure you sign up for one of their workshops. If you’re looking for a multi-sensory experience try their, “At the Heart of the World’s Markets” workshop. You’ll be immersed in 360° images, lights, sounds, and smells as you pair virtual foods with real wine.

A ticket to La Cité du Vin may only cost you around $20, but you may want to factor in a plane ticket to France before adding this to your summer bucket list. If you can’t make it out of the country this summer, don’t worry. You can still enjoy cheap wine at home.