If you’ve been a Tulane student for a year or more, chances are you’re very sick of the same old LBC restaurant options. Let’s be real, how much orange chicken from Panda Express can you eat before entering into a food induced coma and never coming back?  Fortunately, the time has come for some serious renovations to our campus food court, and here’s what to expect:

What’s New

Al Fuego

lbc

Photo courtesy of Tulane Dining

This Tulane-original concept will be replacing Baja Fresh. Design your own tacos, burritos, nachos, quesadillas, and salad bowls with tortillas and guacamole that are made fresh in-house every day.

Plus, Al Fuego will offer four signature salsas, ranging from seasonal fruit varieties to the blazing hot “Inferno.” And with vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options, they’ll have something for everyone.

Panera Bread

lbc

Photo courtesy of Tulane Dining

Move over, Einstein. This nationwide bread phenomenon is basically going to be manna from heaven for the LBC. Panera serves fresh baked goods like pastries, breads, and bagels, as well as sandwiches, soups, salads, and more.

With both healthy options and more decadent treats, Panera is sure to be a favorite for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Also, they’re committed to transparency, which means using seasonal flavors and whole grains, removing artificial additives, and serving antibiotic-free poultry and pork.

Zatarain’s

lbc

Photo courtesy of Tulane Dining

Be honest – traditional New Orleans cuisine is at least 50% of the reason you picked Tulane. Now that we have a Zatarain’s in the LBC, it will be easier than ever to indulge in comfort food classics like red beans and rice, jambalaya, gumbo, and po’boys. The menu is specifically tailored to keep student requests for more authentic, local flavors in mind.

Star Ginger

lbc

Photo courtesy of Tulane Dining

All your Panda-weary prayers have been answered with this fresher, healthier Asian experience. Created by award-winning Vietnamese Chef Mai Pham, Star Ginger is going to be legit.

Incorporating flavors from all over Asia, you’ll be able to enjoy everything from ginger-spiced Vietnamese pho to Thai coconut curry chicken with basil and kaffir lime to Korean BBQ beef. Best of all, Star Ginger will even offer its own rendition of orange chicken (phew).

What’s Getting An Upgrade

Freshens Fresh Food Studio

lbc

Photo courtesy of Tulane Dining

You’re used to getting your smoothie and froyo fix at Freshens, but from now on the froyo is no mo’. But don’t cry, because an expanded menu now includes crepes, rice bowls, and salads served in a crispy flatbread. Freshens will also offer periodic “trending now” items such as baked mac n cheese and stuffed baguettes.

WOW Cafe and Wingery

lbc

Photo courtesy of Tulane Dining

This one is sticking around and mostly staying the same.WOW will continue to offer the usual wings, tenders, wraps, salads, and quesadillas, but will also be upgrading their burger selection with new options like bacon cheeseburgers and veggie burgers.

Simply To Go

lbc

Photo courtesy of Tulane Dining

This quick-stop LBC staple will stay stocked with grab-and-go essentials like sandwiches, salads, and fruit to help students stay on top of their busy schedules. STG’s new twist this fall will be the addition of catering-style party platters so that it will be easier than ever to feed a big group of friends, whether you’re having a movie night or a study session.

Pickles

lbc

Photo courtesy of Tulane Dining

This only-at-Tulane, New York style deli has been testing new recipes throughout the past semester with their “Dills of the Day,” and some of the most successful specials will make the menu full-time in the fall.

What can we expect to see? Perhaps the Copacabana Cutlet – a classic fried chicken sandwich; or the Elvis French Toast – a decadent combination of peanut butter, banana, and bacon on a French toasted croissant. Fingers crossed for that one.

HK NOLA

lbc

Photo courtesy of Tulane Dining

Hillel’s Kitchen will continue to stock a grab-and-go cooler in the LBC with healthy, kosher meals and snacks for under $10. Next year, in addition to the classics like their falafel sandwich, they’ll be mixing it up with new items like quinoa salad, papas bravas, and edamame burgers. Plus, they take e-mail requests at chef@hknola.com.

Southern Tsunami Sushi

lbc

Photo courtesy of Tulane Dining

Everybody knows you can’t go wrong picking up a box of ready-made sushi, but now you’ll be able to get it made-to-order as well. So whether you’re in a hurry or have the time to select the sushi of your dreams, they’ve got you covered.