Destiny’s Child got it right when they sang, “I need a soldier,” ‘cause we all need a hero sometimes. And lucky for us, Madison Social decided to host this year’s Student’s for America’s Military  auction-style fundraiser “Draft-A-Date” in their private room on April 7th, at 7pm. So get ready, ‘cause here’s 5 reasons you should be joining this draft.  

#SpoonTip: Also, Madso is known for their bomb brunch each Saturday & Sunday from 10am-4pm. So check it out.  

1. You could score a date with a soldier

draft

Gif courtesy of homeagetothearmy.tumblr.com

As an auction, this event offers veterans, ROTC cadets, and other military personnel to go on “dream dates” with the highest bidder. That means that right after the “draft,” the highest bidders will be treated to a date of their choosing by their soldiers. So be prepared to feel like a prince or princess, ’cause you’ve got a soldier on your arm for the night. Here’s a few date ideas.

#SpoonTip: If you are interested in being drafted for a date (soldiers only), please click here

2. You support those who are fighting for us

draft

Gif courtesy of heygif.com

If you’ve always wanted to give back, here’s the perfect opportunity to do that. All proceeds will go towards purchasing supplies for care packages to be sent to deployed troops. Also, a portion will be donated to a veteran organization within the Tallahassee community. Trust Gavin DeGraw; you’ll get your money’s worth. 

3. You get to bid and win

draft

Gif courtesy of hbo.com

If you’re ever wanted to gamble, then here’s a legitimate excuse: it’s for a good cause. C’mon. Hungry soldiers are counting on you; it’s worth the risk! Plus, you get a dream date with a dream guy or gal. So why not? Even if you lose…you still get to look at them. #theperfectview

4. It is at Madison Social

draft

Photo courtesy of madisonsocial.com

Which ultimately means great drinks and food. Tickets will only be $10 and will include one drink off the Happy Hour menu (for those that are 21+ of course…), as well as an assortment of appetizers like their famous BLT dip. And don’t be afraid to pig out on their regular lunch & dinner menu if this bidding war is making you really hungry. The Madso Burger (above) is waiting…(as well as your soldier).

#SpoonTip: Enter the promo code “PICKUP” to remove shipping costs & get your ticket the day of the event.

5. You’ll be treated right

draft

Gif courtesy of mybigfatgreekwedding2.com

When soldiers are on a mission, they get it done. So in terms of “Mission Dream Date,” be prepared for an old-fashioned time at the Fox & Stag, a stroll around Cascades Park, or a casual night of talking while you chow down on pizza and Insomnia Cookies. So get out there and get bidding.

#SpoonTip: Check out these romantic restaurants and bars for date ideas. 

draft

Plus, you never know where the night will take you…So just do it! And as the soldiers say, “Hua!”