Sometimes you want to experience a little tradition to compliment the chaos in your life. Especially your love life. And what better way to do that than to treat your sweetheart to a dinner for two. Here are some love bites that touch the heart and tastebuds.

*And if you’re only loving yourself this year, treat yo’self anyway

This is not a ranking; restaurants are listed in no particular order. For the purposes of this article, features are limited.

1. Bella Bella

love

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

If you want a taste of Disney’s Lady and the Tramp brought to life — dim lighting, red wine, Sicilian lasagna (above), and crème brûlée — then this is the place to court your special someone. But remember to make a reservation ’cause everyone will want to share a plate of love here. Just sayin’. 

2. Azu: Lucy Ho’s Restaurant

love

Photo by Robert Wehrli

Although you’re pretty old fashioned, you may still wanna add a little spice to your night. So go ahead and travel the world with your sweetie and stop for a bite of exotic, genuine, Asian cuisine like the Bang Bang Mango (above) right here in Tally Azu. And if you want to really impress, check out Masa for a second date (or as a backup ’cause you forgot that reservation).

3. Cluster’s & Hops

love

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

With its soft music, romantic ambiance and racks on racks of wine, this place is pretty much designed for a dinner date. It’s perfect, private, and prized for its gourmet food like the Baked Chicken Lavosh (above) and specialty cheese boards. So try this mix of Euro-American cuisine and wine n’ dine in style.

4. Zin & Sin – An American Eatery

love

Photo by Robert Wehrli

If you want variety, this place has got it all: wine room, dining area, and even a dessert room. So make the rounds (you actually have to reserve each room individually) and try a dessert wine like Rosa Regali, an entree like the Smoked Prime Rib, or the super sweet red velvet cake with your date. If they’re booked, check out Avenue Eat & Drink.

5. Harry’s Seafood Bar & Grill

love

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

If you’ve never been to New Orleans, then don’t worry ’cause you can get what Harry’s got. Share a Bourbon Street favorite like the Jambalaya, the Shrimp & Scallop Orleans (above), or the Blackened Red Fish with your gal or guy and enjoy Southern Louisiana without the swamp.

6. 319 Wine & Cheese Shoppe

love

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

If you want homemade — and I mean the real thing — then 319 is your stop. Every meal is designed and created by the owner, Mrs. Lynn Edwards, from scratch including the pesto sauce and pimento. So be sure to try her Sweet & Savory Bread Pudding (above) and take a chance on her special wine & cheese pairings for a glance into what good combinations taste like.

7. Georgio’s Fine Foods & Spirits

love

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

If you’re a classic romantic, then Georgio’s Mediterranean Dining is a honeymoon destination for any couple. Be a true gentleman or lady and treat your date to a Snapper Augustine or Rack of Lamb. And if you really want to woo them right, end the night with the Baklava Cheescake (Georgio’s own invention) ’cause food is the best last impression.

8. Cypress Restaurant

love

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

Since this place is designed for every dietary option and any special occasion, you can be assured that your date will love it. Reserve a spot (if they aren’t already booked), because they’re offering a 5-course menu tailored for the event. If you miss out, then it’s okay. Check out the owners’ other restaurant: Vertigo Burgers.  

9. Mom & Dad’s

love

Photo by Greer Hackett

If your sweetheart has been dreaming of Italy but can’t afford a trip abroad, visit this restaurant to give him/her an authentic Italian dining experience. Serving Old Roman recipes like Chicken Piccata and the Chocolate Silk Pie (above) in Tally for 50 years, this place knows how to cook up a meal that’ll have you falling in love again.

10. Sage Restaurant

love

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

If your date appreciates fine dining, then he or she should not leave Tally until they’ve tried every dish on Sage’s menu. It’s THAT GOOD. From the Nori Seared Scottish Salmon to the Coffee-Soaked Red Velvet Cake (above), you’ll experience the difference between these home cooked meals and Suwannee Dining Hall.

11. Nefetari’s Fine Cuisine & Spirits

love

Photo by Haley Greco

Right when you walk through the doors, you’ll believe you’ve entered a palace. Offering exotic, Caribbean-based cuisine like the Ethiopian Stew Platter, Nefetari’s is an imperial experience. And if your date would prefer a vegan or vegetarian option, he or she should try an entree like the Buddha’s Delight. At the end of the night, your gal or guy will feel like royalty.

12: Reangthai Restaurant

love

Photo by Robert Wehrli

With 25 years of experience in Tallahassee the owner, Mrs. Donna, knows what she’s doing. As the only chef in town who markets her homemade ice-cream in Thailand like American Ben & Jerry’s, it’d be a delight to treat your date to her special Valentine’s deal of free tempura ice cream with every meal as well as a free bottle of house wine for every two orders off the specials board. Trust me, your sweetheart will love you forever.

#SpoonTip: Spoon FSU’s social media manager, Robert Wehrli, is a server at Reangthai. Say hi and make fun of his ridiculous red shirt.