Morgenstern’s Finest Ice Cream has collaborated with Chef Daniel Boulud from DBGB Kitchen to bring you the perfect all-American treat. Introducing the “DBGB Cool Dog”:

hot dog ice cream

Photo by Kelsey Coughlin

Using roasted DBGB hot dogs and crème anglaise, this “frozen salute to the 4th of July” is just what America needs. But, what’s a hot dog without the fixings? They take care of that by serving the creamy dessert on a brioche bun, adding candied green cabbage, drizzled blackberry-raspberry “ketchup” and spicy honey mustard.

hot dog ice cream

Photo by Kelsey Coughlin

I had the pleasure of taste-testing this limited-edition cool dog on it’s opening day. I must say, the flavors were exactly as they were described. The ice cream tasted like a hot dog, the green cabbage was candy-sweet, the ketchup was fruity and the mustard was spicy. The first bite was strange, the second was better, but the third was enough. My taste buds were shot into fireworks of confusion. It looked and tasted like a hot dog, yet it was an ice cream sandwich? Regardless, Morgenstern’s and DBGB were successful in creating a one-of-a-kind Independence Day treat that will sure to make you feel as ‘MERICA! as you can.