Summer and tequila lime-flavored foods are the perfect combination. The citrus of the lime really matches the summer vibe, which helps bring down the harshness of tequila. I would argue it’s a poolside necessity. If you're looking to enjoy something refreshing and tangy, Moe’s Southwest Grill is introducing its latest flavorful innovation, Tequila Lime Chicken. The new protein is inspired by the sweetness of agave and hints of citrus to create a tangy protein. Quick disclaimer: despite its name, the Tequila Lime Chicken is a completely alcohol-free recipe. To celebrate the new protein addition, Moe’s is also releasing the limited-time Queso Crunch Taco which features the new protein.

How does the Tequila Lime Chicken taste?

The latest protein is made with Moe’s signature chicken, tossed in agave citrus sauce with a smoky blend of lime, jalapeno, and garlic. Starting today, customers can get Tequila Lime Chicken at Moe’s Southwest Grill restaurants nationwide while supplies last and can be added to any entree for an additional cost. 

Photo from Moe’s Southwest Grill

Sure you can go trying the new protein in a burrito, bowl, or quesadilla, but the best way to enjoy the Tequila Lime Chicken is with Moe’s Queso Crunch Taco — a fresh, flavorful take on the classic taco, featuring Tequila Lime Chicken.

Photo from Moe’s Southwest Grill

The limited-edition taco is served on a hard-shell taco wrapped in a soft tortilla with queso in between, topped with shredded cheese, fresh pico de gallo, and house-made poblano crema sauce.

Here's how to get Moe’s Queso Crunch Taco for free.

To continue the celebration, you can also get the Queso Crunch Taco for free. Moe’s Rewards members can receive one Queso Crunch Taco for free (excluding add-ons, extras, and taxes) with the purchase of a regular menu item at participating locations, while supplies last, from June 18 to July 7.