Regardless of your summer plans– whether you’re spending it as a nanny, a camp counselor, a waitress, or a finance intern– everyone deserves at least one pool day a week. And no tanning day is complete without some delicious poolside snacks to stay energized. After all, being outside in the sun is one of the best parts of summer but it can be rather draining.

For those long, exhausting days spent tanning by the pool, we’ve compiled a list of the best poolside snacks. Because some things just taste better when it’s sunny and 75 and you’re poolside.

10. Cheese Sticks

poolside snacks

Photo by Suzanne Joeylla

As long as there’s a refrigerator or cooler nearby, cheese sticks are a great, protein-packed poolside snack. Swimming and just being out in the hot sun itself can be quite exhausting. String cheese is a great way to refuel, and the protein will keep you from feeling faint or dizzy. ***Note- if you bite into your cheese stick, we don’t trust you.

9. Veggies & Hummus

poolside snacks

Photo by Suzanne Joyella

Ok, let’s be honest, is there ever a time when veggies and hummus isn’t the perfect snack? Studying, happy hour, or by the pool…veggies with hummus always hits the spot. Opt for veggies with a high water content like cucumber slices, celery, and cherry tomatoes to stay hydrated in the hot summer sun. There truly is no better combo than a pool day, a bag of carrot sticks, and a tub of hummus.

8. Greek Yogurt & Berries

poolside snacks

Photo by Yonatan Soler

Greek yogurt with fresh berries is another protein-packed snack that will keep you energized in the draining sun. Be mindful of certain brands’ sugar content, though. For 15+ grams you might as well have a scoop of ice cream! Chobani, Fage, and Wallaby are all trusted brands that steer clear of added sugar. The berries should provide the sweetness, not “pectin,” “guar gum,” or “evaporated cane juice.” Click here to become an expert on spotting added sugar on all different nutrition labels.

7. SkinnyPop

poolside snacks

Photo by Abbey Fernandez

If you’re eating by the pool, chances are, you’re probably eating in a bathing suit, one of our least favorite things to do. No need for guilt though when you’re indulging in healthy snacks. A bag of Skinnypop satisfies salt cravings without leaving you feeling bloated. Eat your popcorn and have a flat belly too.

6. Watermelon Slices

poolside snacks

Photo by Tiare Brown

There are few things more enjoyable than eating juicy watermelon in the summer. And that’s a fact. Watermelon slices are another poolside snack that will keep you hydrated while satisfying your sweet tooth. Looking to switch it up? Make this delicious watermelon smoothie instead.

5. Cherries

poolside snacks

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Snacking on fruit by the pool is just so refreshing and another summer staple is cherry season. Cherries are a nutritional powerhouse of a fruit. For just 87 calories per cup, they fight against inflammation, deliver a big dose of vitamin C and fiber, and are a natural source of melatonin. Can you say sun nap? Nothing like getting your daily dose of antioxidants by the pool.

4. Frozen grapes

poolside snacks

Photo by Grace Cha

This is yet another way to trick your sweet tooth into thinking it’s having dessert. If you haven’t tried frozen grapes yet, you simply aren’t doing “healthy dessert” right. Normal grapes are great, don’t get us wrong. But frozen grapes are better when you’re in the mood for something extra refreshing. Just don’t eat too many in a short period of time, the brain freeze struggle is so real.

3. Chips & Guacamole

poolside snacks

Photo by Parisa Soraya

Chips and Guac to me is what Green Eggs and Ham is to Sami-I-am. I’ll eat them in a boat, with a goat, in a house, with a mouse– heck I’ll eat chips and guac wherever and whenever. No joke. Chips and guac are one crowd-pleaser of a poolside snack. If you’re trying to step up your guac game, check out these 4 different takes on the classic dip.

2. Fruit Smoothie

poolside snacks

Photo by Rachel Piorko

If you can’t tell by now, we’re all about refreshing treats by the pool and it doesn’t get much more refreshing than a fresh smoothie. Smoothies, unlike their oh-so-tempting- cousins, milkshakes, can be a healthy and satisfying treat on a hot summer day. Here are four combos that will help to maintain your bikini bod. Smoothie hack: adding low-fat Greek yogurt will give it a creamy texture so it doesn’t just taste like juice.

1. Popsicles

poolside snacks

Photo by Rachel Labarre

And, of course, the all-time best snack to enjoy poolside is a refreshing popsicle. They’re cooling, sweet, and after you finish you can rinse off your sticky hands right in the pool. It doesn’t get much better. Opt to make your own for a fun project, as store brought brands tend to add the artificial stuff. Follow this recipe, for example. Or check these out to add a boozy twist to the classic childhood treat. No judgment.

All of these are guaranteed to make your poolside snack game on point.