Spoon University Logo
wendysbreakfastsandwichdeal
wendysbreakfastsandwichdeal
News

How To Get A Breakfast Sandwich For $1 At Wendy’s

When I think of Wendy’s, I pretty much never think of breakfast. While other fast food places have famed breakfast menus, like the McDonald’s breakfast platter, Wendy’s has never been a go-to in my head for the most important meal of the day. However, it seems like the chain is looking to change that with its newest breakfast sandwich deal.

What’s the deal?

From now until September 30, Wendy’s will be handing out $1 Honey Buddy breakfast sandwiches with any purchase. While the chain doesn’t have all-day breakfast, meaning you can only order this between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 a.m., the deal is specifically targeting customers’ “Unhappy Hour,” aka the first hour awake on a Monday morning. The deal isn’t just available on Mondays, but can only be cashed in once a week. If you order the sandwich Wednesday morning, you can’t get it for only $1 again until next Wednesday.

This is an app-exclusive offer, as many fast food deals have been lately. However, unlike other brands, Wendy’s allows you to scan the in-app deal while ordering in person. You have to have the app to take advantage of the savings, but you can still order from your favorite Wendy’s employee if you so desire.

What is the Honey Buddy?

The Honey Buddy itself isn’t a new item, even though the name may suggest that. Instead, it’s just the rebrand of a staple from Wendy’s breakfast — the Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit. This has been around since the conception of Wendy’s breakfast, so it’s about time it’s given a mini makeover. Singling out this item makes sense, with hot honey blowing up recently. If you need a pick-me-up before slogging through your own Unhappy Hour, try something new with the (currently) cheapest breakfast sandwich on the market! 

Izzy Astuto (he/they) is a writer currently majoring in Creative Writing at Emerson College, with a specific interest in screenwriting. His work has previously been published by Hearth and Coffin, Sage Cigarettes, and The Gorko Gazette, amongst others. He is currently a reader for journals such as PRISM international and Alien Magazine. You can find more of their work on their website, at https://izzyastuto.weebly.com/. Their Instagram is izzyastuto2.0 and Twitter is adivine_tragedy.