The temperatures are dropping, and scarves and gloves are starting to become a necessity (at least in New York) — the winter season is truly upon us. Winter is terrible temperature-wise, but terrific food-wise. Having copious amounts of hot chocolate is allowed during this time, it’s the best way to stay warm! Plus, there are so many options to choose from: there’s dairy-free, spice up the classic with peppermint or salted caramel, or if you really want to be in the festive spirit, recreate The Polar Express hot chocolate. Hot chocolate is the gift that keeps on giving and Starbucks is taking full advantage of this with free hot chocolate every weekend this month. 

Free hot chocolate? Where? And how do I get it? 

Earlier this month, Starbucks’ announced its ThursYays offer, 50% off any drink from 12 to 6 p.m. local time every Thursday this month. And it seems like that wasn’t enough. The coffee chain is also adding an extra jolly perk on the weekends. This cozy holiday offer began last weekend on Saturday, December 9, and will be taking place every weekend (Saturday and Sunday) until December 31.

Customers ordering a grande drink will also be getting a free tall (8-ounce) hot chocolate — steamed milk with chocolate-flavored syrups, topped with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate-flavored drizzle. The offer is limited to one freebie per order. It’s a perfect deal if you’re out with a non-coffee lover. All orders have to be made either in-store or in the drive-through. So, hop on the freebie, it’s the warmest way to end the year.