Spoon University Logo
doughnuts
doughnuts
Photo by Krispy Kreme
News

How To Get A Dozen Krispy Kreme Doughnuts For $2 This Weekend

Krispy Kreme always has some type of deal going on. Just last month, the chain celebrated its birthday with 87¢ doughnuts, and on July 4th, customers who wore patriotic colors got a free glazed doughnut. And how can anyone forget its yearly graduation deal, where students who come in with their graduation gear get a free dozen doughnuts? Krispy Kreme even celebrated World Kindness Day last year, giving away a dozen free glazed doughnuts to the first 500 people who visited its participating shops. It seems like Krispy Kreme is just giving out free doughnuts left and right. How generous! It’s only appropriate that Krispy Kreme has a deal going on for Labor Day weekend. Although there will be no free doughnuts, customers can snag a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts for $2 all holiday weekend. To me, that’s basically a free dozen.

How can I get a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts for $2?

Customers won’t be able to purchase the $2 dozen on its own. First, they’ll need to purchase a dozen doughnuts of any kind at a regular price. May I suggest the Dr. Pepper flavored doughnut? The frosting is flavored with the popular soda. The second dozen is available for $2, but will be all glazed. In my opinion, no special flavor or design can outdo the original glazed doughnut. The OG remains on top. If you don’t like the glazed, there’s seriously something wrong with your tastebuds. 

Unfortunately, customers are limited to two dozen doughnuts per store, whether you’re walking in, going through the drive thru, or using the app. So if you were planning on getting 100 donuts for the Labor Day barbecue for less than 20 bucks, you’ll have to figure out another plan. Krispy Kreme is not going to let their whole doughnut supply fly out the door in one weekend.

The deal is perfect for a Labor Day weekend gathering. You’ll be the star of the party if you pop out with two dozen glazed donuts. Who wouldn’t want a sweet treat after all those burgers and hot dogs? You can also choose not to share your doughnuts, because sometimes you just need two dozen doughnuts for yourself. I’ve been there, and I get it. Staying in for the weekend with your doughnuts is also an option.

How long does this deal last?

You can purchase your $2 dozen starting Thursday August 29, until Monday September 2. You have all holiday weekend to get your hands on this delicious deal. You can even make your doughnuts last through the next week, so you can still enjoy the deal once it’s over. But if you’re anything like me, those doughnuts won’t even last a day.

Amanda Brucculeri is the fall editorial intern for Spoon University, where she covers food news and emerging trends. Beyond Spoon University, Amanda works as the podcast editor for Boston University News Service, where she oversees a team of reporters covering news through audio. She also writes for the city column of The Buzz Magazine, and is the host of a true crime radio show on WTBU student radio. She is currently a junior at Boston University, majoring in journalism with a minor in public relations. In her free time, she enjoys curating playlists, trying new restaurants, and watching movies.