Cup Noodles are a college staple, undoubtedly. That little styrofoam cup is so full of possibilities, from chicken and beef flavors all the way to Korean BBQ stir fry and curry options. However, and unfortunately, that cup is not microwave-safe and never has been (despite how many times you've microwaved it). Sure, the side of the cup says you shouldn't put the whole thing in the microwave and science says you shouldn't put styrofoam in high heat. After all, this can cause toxic chemicals to leach out or cause the vessel actually to break down. Luckily, for the college student and early 20-something on the go, you can now actually microwave your Nissin brand Cup Noodles, as the brand announced new paper packaging. While this came as a shock to many, others have knowingly been using the microwave and assuming the risks. These X (formerly known as Twitter) users and TikTok creators made some laugh-out-loud Cup Noodles memes that we cannot stop thinking about.

"I'm 'bout to bust"

If you heard that mini explosion in my dorm microwave freshman year, no you didn't. It's okay, there are fire extinguishers on every floor. 

Yes, Chef!

Don't mind me as I sip my water out of my Tupperware dish as I stare through the little microwave window. 

Big oops

*Inserts this Kevin James meme into any text conversation asking me how many times I microwaved the old packaging throughout my college years.* 

Everyone on the internet side eyes in unison... 

Sometimes, X is a good place for us all to learn in a safe space. 

Seemingly an American thing

Admittedly, international X users have been questioning why Americans don't read and/or ignore the Cup Noodles directions. All I can say is... the vibe seems microwaveable, OK?

Mandela Effect foods?

Not only are we all realizing that we've been making Cup Noodles technically wrong... but many have also been incorrectly calling this "Cup O' Noodles."

It's OK to be surprised

This X user is probably living large with an electric kettle, and I am very happy for them. 

Hindsight 20/20

Luckily, these folks soon don't have to worry about a thing. Or, they can just permanently switch over to adding hot water in other ways.