Put on your vampire fangs and witch hats, because it's going to get spooky tonight. Whether you enjoy chocolatey or fruity sweets, here are your favorite (or not so favorite) Halloween candies ranked, because, let's be real here--they are not all created equally.

17. Apples

apples, crate, Wood, Fruit, apple, farmer's market
Caroline Ingalls

No one wants an apple for Halloween, but there is always that one person who hands them out, thinking they are being a productive member of society. If this is you, please stop. Think of the children. 

16. Toothbrushes

Toothpaste, Toothbrush, brushing teeth

Toothbrushes are not candy. They're not even a food. The only reason they are ranked above apples is because at least you can use a toothbrush. You can't be sure an apple from a stranger has been washed, so, sadly, you'll have to throw it out. Moral of the story: toothbrushes are bad, apples are worse, and don't hand out either one. Please. 

15. Candy Corn

Candy corn is just about one of the most controversial Halloween candies, so it's no wonder that it resides toward the bottom of the list. You either love the soft, sweet sugary triangles, or you hate them. And W&L students are skewed toward the latter. Sorry if you're the odd one out. We still love you. 

14. Laffy Taffy

Out of all of the Halloween candies ranked, Laffy Taffy sits near the bottom. To be fair, the low ranking of Laffy Taffy could be largely due to the fact that banana is a flavor. Sure, the riddles on the wrapper are fun, but are they worth chewing on some artificial banana-flavored goo? Probably not.

13. Whoppers

Our first chocolate candy of the list (but barely)! Whoppers are basically just sawdust with a thin coating of chocolate. They're not awful, but they're obviously not a favorite. Everyone knows they're the last candy to go in a bag of Hershey's treats.

12. Twizzlers

Elizabeth Philip

It's "the twist you can't resist!" These non-fat, strawberry-flavored candies are a Halloween staple. They're not a favorite, but they're not bad either. Plus, you can use them as a straw!

11. Jolly Ranchers

gelatin, water, sweet, jelly, ice, juice
Adriana Veader

With so many flavors, Jolly Ranchers are enjoyed by most people. Even if you don't absolutely love them, you're almost guaranteed to find a flavor that's at least tolerable.

10. Almond Joy

This is another divisive candy. You either go wild for this sweet coconut chocolate treat or you could not care less about it. One thing is for sure. Almond Joy is infinitely better than Mounds. If you do like Almond Joy, here's some good news: it has a nut in it, so technically it's healthy (just keep telling yourself that when you've had five fun-sized ones)!

9. Skittles

Back to some fruity, sugary candy! Skittles are solidly ranked in the middle of all Halloween candies. Most people like them, but they're not an absolute favorite. If you want to play a trick, mix them in a bowl of M&Ms at your next Halloween party!

8. M&Ms

sweet
Christin Urso

Good ole M&Ms, the chocolaty relatives of Skittles. They're a classic candy, just don't hold them for too long or your hand will look like you just fought off an aggressive rainbow.

7. Peanut M&Ms

candy, chocolate, sweet, cake, goody, cream
Alex Frank

Everything great about M&Ms, plus a peanut. Enough said.

6. Snickers

Snickers offers something for everyone. It has creamy milk chocolate, gooey caramel, rich nougat, and crunchy peanuts. You can't go through the Halloween season without seeing Snickers all over, and rightfully so. It's just a good, solid candy.

5. Hershey's

bite, chocolate bar, Hershey's, chocolate
Kayla Hawthorne

This is another candy you can't really go wrong with. It's probable the least controversial one. Hershey's chocolate doesn't have any fancy fillings, no bells and whistles, but its classic taste seems to make it to the top of everyones list.

4. Sour Patch Kids

candy, sweet, gelatin, jelly
Steph Auble

Sour Patch Kids are the top non-chocolate Halloween candy in the ranking, hands down. They're a little sweet, a little sour, a little fruity, and very delicious. (Side note: Find out what Sour Patch Kid you are here).

3. Twix

chocolate, butter, peanut butter, peanut, caramel, cake
Arden Sarner

Whether you're a right or left Twix kind of person, one thing is for sure: this caramel-y, chocolate-covered cookie is almost always near the top of everyones list. At a time when people are so divided, can our mutual love for Twix (left or right) bring us together?

2. Reese's

chocolate, peanut butter, candy, peanut, butter, sweet, cream, cake
Laura Palladino

The race for number one candy was extremely close, but coming in at number two is everyone's favorite peanut butter cup: Reese's! We may fight about how to pronounce it, but there's no argument when it comes to this classic candy's taste.

1. Kit-Kat

And the number one Halloween candy is.....KIT-KAT!!!!! No one can pass up these crunchy wafers coated in delectable chocolate. It doesn't matter how you eat them (we're looking at you, Kourtney Kardashian), this candy is the absolute favorite. 

No matter where your favorite Halloween candies ranked, whether your treat of choice is a Kit-Kat or you prefer a nice autumn apple, happy Halloween. Stay spooky!