Let’s be honest here — there  are far too many weird or useless kitchen gadgets out there. Like do you really need a selfie toaster? Probably not.

spoons

Photo courtesy of ediblespoonmaker.com

But with the Edible Spoon Maker‘s new invention that makes, well, edible spoons, your life (or at least your kitchen) will be forever changed. No more frantic search for a spoon to eat yogurt with because your roommates have used all of them. No more spoons cluttering up your cutlery drawer. No more figuring out how to eat bread and soup at the same time.

It basically works like a waffle maker. You put in dough (we suggest pre-made dough because it’s quicker) that you’ve cut with their special biscuit cutter and wait three minutes for it to cook. And voilà — you’ll have four ready to eat (and to eat with) spoons.

spoons

Photo courtesy of ediblespoonmaker.com

Think of all the things you can eat with this: any type of soup or curry, yogurt, cereal, even ice cream if you double up two spoons as one. The options are pretty much endless. And besides the bonus of not having to wash spoons, you’re also saving water (the Californians will thank you) and increasing your carb intake (because we could always use some more carbs, right?).

Though the website doesn’t yet say when you can purchase one of these magical machines or how much it will be, keep your fingers crossed that this will come out soon.