Williams Sonoma has been partnering with No Kid Hungry since 2010, and the company's new line of celebrity-designed spatulas (and tea towels and mugs) shows that this partnership has remained strong over the last 10 years. For this celebrity-designed line, 30 percent of the proceeds will support No Kid Hungry. 350,000 spatulas have already been sold, which equates to almost 15 million meals. This partnership gives us an opportunity to buy gifts for our fellow foodies (or ourselves) and give back at the same time. 

The Charity: No Kid Hungry

No Kid Hungry is a national campaign launched by Share Our Strength, a non-profit that works to end poverty and hunger globally. No Kid Hungry helps kids who are without meals and proper nutrition. Since its creation, No Kid Hungry has provided over one billion meals to children across America. According to USDA statistics, over 18 million kids will face hunger this year. In addition to its routine school breakfast and lunch programs, support of federal food programs, and collaborations with food banks, No Kid Hungry has implemented further initiatives and introduced new resources to get food out during this pandemic. Now more than ever, they need our donations (directly, via the purchase of a spatula, or through another promotional partnership purchase).

The Spatulas

So. Darn. Cute. Each spatula was created by a celebrity, and you can read about the inspirations behind the colorful designs and why this project is important to them on the Williams Sonoma page. Kristin Bell, for example, shares that her "Cooking is My Love Language Spatula" comes from her view that "Cooking is a universal language and food can bring people together." With spatulas decorated in cookies, fall leaves, loving words, and even math (pi), there is sure to be one for everyone. I already have my eye on Gaby Dalkin's spatula because eating cookie dough off of a spatula that has cookies on it just sounds wonderful.

The Celebrities

If the cheerful and vibrant designs are not convincing enough, then the celebrity endorsements should do it.

For the Food Network fans: Giada De Laurentiis, Ina Garten, and Guy Fieri

For the chefs: Curtis Stone, Molly Yeh, Gaby Dalkin, Amirah Kassem, and Sean Brock

For the TV watchers: Kris Jenner, Kristin Bell, Antoni Porowski, Jesse Tyler Ferguson 

For the singers: Dolly Parton, Gwen Stefani, Trisha Yearwood

For the movie fanatics: Misha Collins, Olivia Munn, Jeff Bridges, Kevin Bacon, Vanessa Hudgens

For the fashionistas: Zac Posen

For the newsies: Al Roker, Hoda Kotb, Andy Cohen, and Carson Daly

This spatula line reminds us that while it's fun to shop for new kitchen toys, it's also important to give back. Whether you use your new spatula to test a chocolate chip cookie recipe, whip up some rockin' guacamole, or make a huge mac and cheese dinner, it's sure to be a hit in the kitchen. Even if you don't share your new celebrity-designed spatula (although you should tell your friends and family about it), at least you can share some of the food you make with it.