Spoon University is starting up a new chapter, here at UCLan. We're looking for great people to join the team and help launch the group into success. Here's five reasons why you should join us:

1) Boost Your CV.

coffee, tea, milk, study, bagel, bread, laptop, cafe, breakfast
Denise Uy

Here at UCLan, we're all about employability. Those presentations you have to do? Employability! Group projects? ~Employability~

But, there's only so much you can do in a classroom. And, at the end of the day, it's all connected to your course. Do you know what isn't? Helping to create for Spoon University! This is a fantastic opportunity to bulk up your CV with a position that allows you to tailor what skills you want to highlight - and it's fun. Be a writer, a photographer, a videographer - whatever you want, there's a place in Spoon for you. With Spoon, you have both an experience to remember and an experience to show. Let's show those employers that you have knowledge and experience whilst having some fun.

2) Make Some Friends.

interiors, Interior, Friends, people, cafe, coffee, Shanghai, China, decor
Denise Uy

It's not easy starting a new place - we know. But with us, you don't have to be alone. Spoon runs like one happy giant family. Your team mates will be friends you will love to be with and, hey, there's nothing better than a group of friends that get those creative juices flowing. Make it easier for yourself and join a group of foodies if food is what you're about. Did someone say friendship cakes?

3) Be Yourself

vegetable, cucumber, cucumber eyelids, happy girl, smiling girl, smile, happy, Relax, relaxed, zen, Spa
Julia Gilman

There's nothing harder at university then being yourself and still making a change when you're surrounded by thousands of other students. At Spoon, we want you to make changes by being yourself. There's only one version of you, that loves and thinks the way you do. Love tacos and think there isn't enough near UCLan? Let us know! We thrive on student input and initiative and having as any different people as possible makes it that much more interesting. This is perfect for helping you out of your little bubble and giving you a confidence boost with people you can trust. Friends that bake together, stay together.

4) Networking

tea, glasses, crackers, computer, snacks, library, studying, College, student, stickers, Book, Bowl, desk
Megan Japczyk

Did you know Spoon is affiliated with so many top ranking businesses? Well, you do now. Whilst you're having fun and making yourself better at what you love, you're making it easier to do what you love. Spoon's industry links are wide and vast, meaning this could lead to great things if you've found your calling through our little Spoon campus story. Find out more here about others who have advanced onto bigger things through Spoon.

5) The food, duh! 

cheese, chicken, sandwich, subway, sub, six inch, foot long
Sam Jesner

Spoon is all about food and lifestyle for us students. Someone's going to be making food, going to see food, photographing food and someone's going to be definitely eating food. Whether we're checking out a great new restaurant, trying a new crazy fad or even showing off our own quirky recipes, there's going to be lots of eating. It's a group setting, where we all care for each other, so you'll be sure to experience new foods and still get to eat the flavours you love.

P.S. The team leader has a weird phenomenon of making too much and rarely eating her own food - a sweet deal for the rest of the team members. A food coma is made to be shared with friends.

So what are you waiting for? Join Spoon today!