If you are reading this article, you are likely a member of one of the three following groups:

1. A Bowdoin student with a knack for writing and a love for food,

2. A Bowdoin community member looking to learn more about the food world in Brunswick and beyond, or 

3. One of the many followers of my prolific and exceedingly serious editorial work.

If you're in the first or the second group (and, I suppose, even the third group), you have made it to the right place!

Welcome to the newly re-established chapter of Spoon University at Bowdoin! My name is Jane Godiner, I'm a senior at the College, and I am this year's Editorial Director. Along with Marketing Director Milo Young-Perez and Photography Director Thais Carrillo, I hope to restore the chapter to its original glory, and, with any luck (and hopefully the enthusiasm of the Bowdoin community), firmly establish Spoon University at Bowdoin.

Wondering where to share your original recipes or controversial cocktail inventions, your excitement about one of your favorite Brunswick food staples, or your favorite dining hall hack? We want to hear them all!

In the coming weeks, expect to see coverage of Brunswick restaurants (not just the ones on Maine Street!), interviews with the student body and those who feed us, and personal essays from community members about all things food. You (yes, you!) might even be the one writing these pieces!

Food journalism is a rich, open-ended field, and the possibilities for content creation are limitless. Not only is it necessary for us, as students, to be telling the stories of food, but it is equally important that we bolster the voices of those tangential to those foods—especially if those voices have historically been marginalized or underrepresented at Bowdoin and beyond. Milo, Thais and I are committed to making our chapter as accessible as possible, and look forward to hearing from you about how we might be able to spark your interest in this platform and to ensure that you feel welcomed and seen in this space.

If you are interested in being a part of content creation in any respect—whether it be writing articles in any of the above categories, marketing and spreading the word about Spoon, or photographing the foods and settings that have inspired (and hungered) our writers—we eagerly invite you to apply to be on our staff. Simply make your way to the Spoon University at Bowdoin College chapter page and click the "Join?" button in the upper righthand corner of the screen. We look forward to hearing from students with all experience levels, so long as they are as excited as we are by the opportunity to explore Spoon alongside us and to contribute to our editorial atmosphere.

If you have any questions, or if you need need any more convincing to join our staff, feel free to contact any or all of the three of us. Whether or not you are interested in being on staff, we hope you keep your eyes peeled for more updates, stories, and media to come. We are so excited to have you here and to welcome you to the Spooniverse!