What are we doing this weekend? Who’s free Saturday? My weekend plans usually lean towards out going to a club or a restaurant. But some weeks my body and my wallet just aren’t feeling it. I love my friends and I love spending time with them but some weeks I’d way rather stay in. And the best way to do that is with a girls night in and making dinner with friends. So, here’s why you should do it this weekend.

It's Less Expensive Than Going out for Dinner

macaroni, pasta, spaghetti
Alex Frank

If you and your friends like eating out as often as mine and I do, you’ll know it’s not so easy on your bank account. On average I spend $25 or more on just myself. Although I love my experiences eating out, something inside me screams about how less expensive it would be if I made it myself.

If I put my mind to it, I could make a meal for a few friends and it would cost less than a meal for one at a restaurant. When my sister and I have friends over our favourite thing to make is carbonara. It’s simple and inexpensive, yet it feels super decadent and fancy. 

It's Less Expensive Than Going to the Bar

coffee, beer
Maggie Murray

Well, at least I’m pretty sure it is. I avoid thinking about how much I spend on drinks at the bar. All I know is the cash seems to disappear from my purse and the ATM service fees hurt my heart. One highball can be $11-$13 so, groceries for one meal will definitely be less than few drinks. If I’m staying in and cooking, I’m going to know exactly how much money I’m going to spend and I’m going to really enjoy what I’m putting into my body. 

It's the Perfect Opportunity to Catch up with Your Friends

gif

This is my favourite part. Put on your favourite playlist and gather around the table with your girls. You finally get the chance to just talk for hours. First talk about how good the food is. Then, talk about anything because there’s no one at a table beside you listening in and giving strange looks. 

It’s a Good Excuse to Drink Wine

alcohol, red wine, coffee, wine
Maggie Murray

This reason could be the best. If you need an excuse to drink wine this is it. You obviously need a good wine to pair with the meal you made. A couple bottles will guarantee you have a good time. 

You can't go wrong with spending time with friends while saving money on food and drinks. I know that you'll have an amazing time.