Between 2011 and 2016, sparkling water sales rose by 70.4 percent, and interestingly, flavored water sales also increased simultaneously by 59.5 percent. With this recent wave in popularity, flavored sparkling water in aesthetically pleasing, colorful cans are in abundance. Now, Whole Foods is getting in on the competition.

Whole Foods recently launched its own line of sparkling waters called 365 Everyday Value Sparkling Water. Priced at $3.69 for a pack of 12, these bubbles are a total steal. Whole Foods sparkling water comes in five different fab flavors: grapefruit, orange, lemon, lime, and pure. With no sweeteners, calories, sodium, or caffeine, these seltzers are not only delicious on their own, but they are also the ideal cocktail mixer, arguably better than LaCroix cocktails. I gave each of the flavors a try, and here's how you can try them too, on their own or in a mixed drink.

Grapefruit

Bennie Weber

Drink to make: Rosé Spritzer

Although LaCroix has been the brand to make the grapefruit sparkling water flavor popular, LaCroix fancily uses the French word for grapefruit, pamplemousse. (Funny enough, the brand is actually all-American, hailing from where else but La Crosse, Wisconsin.) Whole Foods new sparkling water also comes in the delectable grapefruit flavor and is equally as delicious as LaCroix's pamplemousse. Plus, you actually can understand what the flavor of the drink is without having to look it up. 

Orange

Bennie Weber

Drink to make: Citrus Spritzer 

Though the orange flavor may be the least intense in taste, it has one of the most delightful smells. When you pour it over a glass of ice, it sounds cheesy, but the aroma literally transports you into a garden of orange plants and yummy flowers. Though wine spritzers can get a bad rap, this citrus spritzer is SURE to prove you wrong. 

Lemon

Bennie Weber

Drink to make: Sparkling Mint Lemonade 

A classic flavor, lemon is equally refreshing and tangy. Imagine you're at the best spot in town and you just ordered a cold glass of sparkling water, squeezed a few lemon slices into it, and took a satisfying sip... Ahhhhhh. You can get this same exhilarating experience with just Whole Foods lemon sparkling water! To jazz-up your sparkling with some added pizzazz, combine a few mint leaves, 1 cup of lemon juice, and 8oz of simple syrup for a heavenly sparkling mint lemonade

Lime 

Bennie Weber

Drink to make: Tequila Limeade 

With just a hint of lime, this naturally flavored lime sparkler is the ideal refreshing treat on a blistering hot day. Perfect for after a workout or before the party starts, pair this lime seltzer with your favorite lime-twisted food, such as guac, tangy salsa, or grilled fresh fish. And who gave limeade a back seat to lemonade anyway? Over a glass of ice, pour a can (12oz) of lime seltzer, 1 1/2oz of your favorite tequila, 3/4oz fresh lime juice, and a hint of jalapeño to make a tangy tequila limeade. 

Pure 

Bennie Weber

Drink to make: Mojito

Your basic sparking water, Pure is a perfect addition to any drink or cocktail. Because the water itself has no distinct flavor, it can  simply add a missing kick of fizz to any drink. In other words, it's pure bubbles as well as being pure fun! Try adding it to spice up your morning OJ or afternoon iced tea. You really can't go wrong with Pure mixed with anything!

The Competition 

So, carbonated cocktail connoisseurs, how do these sparkling waters compare to the competition? Well, other established and extremely popular brands, such as LaCroix, have a huge following, not only in real life, but also on social media. But, if you were to taste both brands blindfolded, I promise that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. What other brands still do have over the Whole Foods' brand sparkling water, however, is a variety of unique and exotic flavors, such as LaCroix's Muré Pepino or Apricot. If Whole Foods sparkling water does well, I'm sure they will expand to more new and exciting flavors to keep up with the competition. Get them while they're ~cold~ at only $3.69 for a pack of 12.