The food competition known as Iron Chef America will always have my heart. It was one of the first competition shows of its kind on Food Network. Loosely based off the Japanese version, it followed an intense battle between a resident "Iron Chef" and challenger where both chefs had to cook a multi-course meal with a secret ingredient.

While Food Network denies canceling the show, the last new episode aired in 2014. Those Iron Chefs were culinary idols for me growing up and I worshiped anyone that had the honor of wearing one of those special jackets. So if none of these chefs have been busy filming new episodes since 2014, what are my idols up to now?

Wolfgang Puck

If you can't recall watching any episodes with Wolfgang, it's probably because he was only an Iron Chef for one episode while the show was still a mini-series in 2004. However, he's still credited as being a "retired" Iron Chef, so it's only fair to list him.

It would take me far too long to list every single restaurant that Wolfgang has opened since 2004 (but my favorite is the Disney Springs location). He's been inducted into the Culinary Hall of Fame, awarded multiple Michelin Stars, and is set to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this year. He's also heavily involved in philanthropy work. 

Basically, he's all around killing it at being a chef. Recently he's been a topic of conversation for dropping the f-bomb on HSN, but only to describe the ridiculous price of cookware. I feel you, Wolfgang.

Mario Batali 

Credited with changing the way people think about Italian food, this man cooked up a storm from seasons 1 through 6 of Iron Chef America to rack up a total of 19 wins before leaving in 2008. 

He's since been inducted into the Culinary Hall of Fame, opened up 10 new restaurants through the Batali and Bastianich Hospitality Group, and started The Mario Batali Foundation to support children in need.  He now co-hosts The Chew and is very outspoken about his political beliefs on social media. 

His latest cookbook, "Big American Cookbook," came out in October and features over 250 recipes from all across America. And yes, he still wears his orange crocs - and claims he owns over 200 pairs. He also makes a cameo in one of my favorite SNL digital shorts ever, proving his quirky habits stretch far beyond the kitchen. 

Cat Cora

Since retiring as an Iron Chef in 2011, the only original female Iron Chef has taken roles on multiple TV shows. She's a guest judge on various Food Network Competitions, was co-host of Around the World in 80 Plates, and is currently the co-host of the new food competition show My Kitchen Rules. She is also in the Culinary Hall of Fame.

Cat is the President and Founder of Chefs for Humanity and keeps up with many other philanthropic organizations. She has her own iPad app and line of women's footwear. Her coolest restaurant opening was probably The Ocean Resturant in Singapore. It's home to the largest oceanarium in the world, which basically means you get to dine underwater. 

Masaharu Morimoto

No one does Japanese fusion quite like Masaharu Morimoto. Since his last battle in 2012, he's guest starred on Top Chef, The Chew, and a few episodes of Hawaii Five-0. He was also inducted into the Culinary Hall of Fame and has recently opened a restaurant in Disney Springs. 

Morimoto's latest cookbook, "Mastering the Art of Japanese Home Cooking," was released late last year. His restaurants all over the world continue to receive rave reviews. But his latest project? Teaming up with Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg to make the "Snoop Cali Fatty Kathy Bang Bang” roll

Bobby Flay

With the largest number of wins in Iron Chef history (43), this man is a notorious competitor. And what hasn't Bobby Flay been up to since the prime of his Iron Chef days? He's in the Culinary Hall of Fame, has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and has restaurants all over the East Coast. 

Flay is credited with hosting thirteen different food and cooking shows. You can currently watch him on Brunch @ Bobby's or on Beat Bobby Flay every Thursday night. It's sort of like a spin-off of Throwdown! with Bobby Flay: just another way to watch Flay beat competitors 99% of the time. 

He also has a cat named Nacho with more Instagram followers than most people could ever hope to achieve. Nacho enjoys watching TV, eating fish, and jumping all over his dad's kitchen.

Michael Symon   

After winning the first season of The Next Iron Chef, Michael Symon brought his Mediterranean flair to the show in 2007. He's opened a number of restaurants in Cleaveland, Detriot, and more recently an Austin location.

In addition to numerous guest appearances on Food Network competitions and talk shows, he co-hosts The Chew alongside fellow Iron Chef alum Batali. He's the host and producer of Burgers, Brew and 'Que and is listed as a producer of the pre-production show Lost & Found in Cleveland. 

Symon has an extensive line of knives, apparel, and cookbooks all for sale through his website. Most feature designs that center around his restaurants' central theme, perfectly summed up by his shirt that simply says, "Eat More Meat." 

Jose Garces

As the only Iron Chef with a specialty in Latin fusion, Garces was a much-needed addition to the show in 2010. Through the Garces Group Resturants, he owns dozens of restaurants from New York to Chicago, offers event planning and catering, and provides hospitality expertise on restaurant management, operational excellence, and culinary development.

He helped found the Garces Foundation, which aims to help the underserved immigrant community in Philadelphia. They offer clinic programs, classes for those who speak English as a second language, and even own a farm where Philly school children are taught the importance of sustainability and nutrition.

Marc Forgione

Marc was the first Iron Chef whose specialty was modern American food. He opened his only restaurant in NYC in 2012 where he offers seasonal American specialties and an extensive wine selection. 

He loves to partner with trusted brands and has admitted that music is one of his passions. He'll be at the South Beach Food & Wine Festival later this month cooking for a sold out event. I guess when you're the youngest American chef to win a Michelin star in consecutive years, you've pretty much proved your culinary worth forever.

Geoffrey Zarkarian

If you've tuned into Food Network in the past 24 hours, there's a good chance you've seen Geoffrey Zarkarian's face. He's a regular judge on Chopped, co-hosts The Kitchen, and is the host of Cooks vs. Cons. All those TV appearances have made him well known for his smart sense of fashion

He also owns restaurants all across the country, including a recent opening in Hollywood. His newest cookbook, "My Perfect Pantry," contains 150 recipes that can all be made using pantry staples. If that type of cookbook doesn't scream college essential, I don't know what does. 

Alex Guarnaschelli

Alex was in a unique situation in that she was a frequent judge on Iron Chef before becoming a contestant herself. She's now a regular judge on Chopped, Beat Bobby Flay, and Cooks vs Cons. On days when she's not busy eating other chefs' creations, you can find her at her NYC restaurant Butter. 

Alex is a member of Les Dames d'Escoffier and supports a number of charities. Her social media presence is hilariously refreshing. Expect to find honest opinions about food and other topics along with sweet posts about her daughter. 

The Presenters

Sometimes, the true stars of the show were the presenters: Mark Dacascos, Alton Brown, and Kevin Brauch. Mark has starred in shows like Hawaii Five-0, Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D., and Lucifer. You can keep up with Kevin via his YouTube channel. As for Alton, he's the host of Food Network's Cutthroat Kitchen in addition to being an accomplished chef and social media connoisseur.

The Iron Chefs have ended up in a variety of positions, but most of them have stuck to the world of television. While I miss being able to watch each of these competitors throw it down in Kitchen Stadium, each of their own personal projects has provided us with such a vast amount of quality cooking content. Allez Cuisine, chefs.