Chances are, you've stumbled upon this article because you love food just like I do. However, we're not talking about just any form of food, though. Today, we're talking about Italian (specifically Sardinian) food. You know, the cuisine with pasta and cannolis? Yeah. I had you at pasta, didn't I? Probably, and if you've answered 'yes' to that last question, we need to have a little convo about where you should be eating affordable pasta while in New York. 

Did you say pasta? Where?

Yes, I did say pasta. Where? Le Fanfare and Epistrophy are where I'm talking about specifically.

What do these places have in common with one another?

For starters, both Le Fanfare and Epistrophy are Sardinian inspired restaurants that are owned by a singular group of three friends. All of the dishes' recipes are traditionally Italian via familial Sardinia roots, simple, and seasonal. Both Le Fanfare and Epistrophy share a common goal of bringing genuine rustic Italian food to the lovely neighborhoods of Greenpoint, Brooklyn, and to Nolita in New York, New York. Also, both Le Fanfare and Epistrophy have music programming consisting mostly of jazz because the owners want you, the consumer to have an experience at their restaurants and not just sit there with your food and phone.

What are the differences between the restaurants?

For Le Fanfare, here's what you need to know. In the restaurant itself, they offer $10 pasta specials every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 5:30 - 11:00 pm. Usually, for the pasta special, there are four to five rotating off-menu pasta dishes that are served. What this means for you is that you can either go with a group of four to five friends and each try a different pasta dish weekly, or, you could go by yourself and try each dish for yourself if you're on a budget and are looking for an affordable meal.

Le Fanfare has happy hour from 5:30-7pm Monday through Friday and is open from 5:30 pm to 12 am on Monday through Thursday, from 5:30 pm to 1 am on Friday, from 11:30 am to 4 pm for brunch and from 5:30 pm to 1 am for dinner on Saturday, and also from 11:30 am to 4 pm for brunch and 5:30 pm to 10 pm for dinner on Sunday.

For Epistrophy, here’s what you need to know. Epistrophy is best known for being one of the first all-day cafés in Nolita and has been around for over 10 years. The interior of the restaurant is also incredibly Instagrammable, in case that's something that's important to you. The hours of operation are from 9 am to 12 am on a daily basis. The owners opened Epistrophy to mimic a familiar living room from when they lived in Sardinia. This entails having good wine, even better food, nice music, and a chill environment. 

Now when you’re in New York, you’ll never have to spend an absurd amount of time finding mediocre food at some lame, overpriced tourist trap that’s full of gullible tourists when you have Le Fanfare and Epistrophy to help you out. Not only will your sanity and taste buds thank you, but so will your bank account.